The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks considering moving back from 5th

Just now, DontMessMe said:

Tkachuk or Dubois. Nuff said 

Nope. Dubois yes. Tkachuck is almost a year older than everyone else. I wouldn't mind moving back and drafting one of these dman especially if Chychrun will fall as far as 12th.

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

Tryamkin we dont know quite yet. He looks good. 

Boeser and demko he truly lucked out 

Virtanen ehhhh no comment 

Virtanen was only drafted because he was from BC. If he wasn't a local boy I highly doubt benning drafts him. I don't like the pick though either.

Just now, peaches5 said:

Virtanen was only drafted because he was from BC. If he wasn't a local boy I highly doubt benning drafts him. I don't like the pick though either.

We shouldve gone with Nylander or Ehlers

Honestly drafting a player just because they are from BC is not a good idea unless that player is the concensus pick 

Well he is a rookie. But he has displayed a great amount of poise and skill, rather than just being a mammoth defenseman.

How so? He scouted them both extensively before picking them. He knew what he was looking for and what he was getting.

Not a fan of Virtanen?

4 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Watch the video -- JB had him pegged far higher and even at pick 10 didn't think he'd fall to them.  Demko they considered taking at McCann's spot.

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Tkachuk makes players around him better... 

Did Tkachuk make Marner better, or did Marner make Tkachuk better? Hmmm, regardless, they won't have each other when they hit the big leagues.

1 minute ago, Barry_Wilkins said:

Pick is good = luck

Pick is bad = Benning's an idiot.

Brilliant reasoning.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well he is a rookie. But he has displayed a great amount of poise and skill, rather than just being a mammoth defenseman.

How so? He scouted them both extensively before picking them. He knew what he was looking for and what he was getting.

Not a fan of Virtanen?

@ both of you..

He did luck out with boeser. Have u not watched that video?? The canucks released a video yesterday 

@ both of you..

He did luck out with boeser. Have u not watched that video?? The canucks released a video yesterday 

he lucked out that boeser dropped to him not exactly the way you're saying it 

@ both of you..

He lucked out in the sense that Boeser could very well be the best player in that draft. He is looking like an absolute all star.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Watch the video -- JB had him pegged far higher and even at pick 10 didn't think he'd fall to them.  Demko they considered taking at McCann's spot.

I've heard Benning had Boesser at 12 FWIW.

@ both of you..

Haven't watched it, no. (Have you a link?) But I do know that Benning had Boeser rated at #10 overall, which means he had a heads up on a lot of other GMs regarding Boeser.

JV has only played barley 1 season and is still developing.  Give him time before writing him off.  Nylander or Ehlers have just as much of a chance of "busting" as people thing JV has.  I would take JV size, shot, skating ability as he is a power forward right wing prospect we needed at the time of the 2014 draft.

Archived