The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks considering moving back from 5th

Why would Arizona want Tkachuk? They have so many great forward prospects and are in much greater need of defensemen.

The only way I see them trading from 7th to 5th is if they think we're taking Juolevi, they want Juolevi, and they don't like Sergachev or Chychrun.

11 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Benning once again appears to

have botched this. He likes Dubois ticked off Montreal and now montreal will trade Subban to Edmonton and then draft Dubois.

slow clap benning

He didn't Botch anything, if Habs and Edm make a deal and Dubois is gone we take Tkachuck or make a deal with Arizona for the 7th and 20th which I think Benning could do wonders with.. Whats the big deal. You know Edm will over pay for sure and thats what we would like as well.

it was disappointing enough to drop out of the top 3 at the draft lottery, i dont get all the talk about dropping down even further.  As a fan base we paid our dues having to endure a horrible season.   Screw that, we have paid our dues (well some of us have) for decades.  Top 5 picks are precious.

8 minutes ago, LM11 said:

Are people here really expecting AZ to give us 7th and 20th for 5th?  That's never going to happen.  Can people please be realistic.  If we trade with them, it'll only be the 7th overall and  2nd or a prospect.  Nothing more.

I could live with that depending on who the prospect is.......scrap the 2nd

On 24/06/2016 at 1:36 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I'd rather MTL get 4th than EDM. It's all part of Benning's evil plan.

Yup. His buddy let him know that Columbus is trading 3rd to Arizona and they are drafting tkatchuk. he deliberately pisses of Montreal so they trade with Edmonton for the 4th and steal dubois from us. Then he is left in the position of having to draft puljavari.

23 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Benning once again appears to

have botched this. He likes Dubois ticked off Montreal and now montreal will trade Subban to Edmonton and then draft Dubois.

slow clap benning

How can you say he's botched it when he hasn't even done anything yet?  Personally I have a little more confidence in Benning.  Go Jim Go!

There's a reason other teams want the 5th pick and not a mid first and a second, if that's the price benning is putting on a potential franchise player in either of the two forwards identified at 5th he's as bad as most of us think.  Minimum Two firsts and a second for any top 5 pick especially if one coming back  is not a top 10.

Trading for a later pick just to get a second rounder just seems pointless.

one good to great player or two bottom six players. Uh oh we know what benning will choose . 

Let the fleecing commence.

1 minute ago, combover said:

There's a reason other teams want the 5th pick and not a mid first and a second, if that's the price benning is putting on a potential franchise player in either of the two forwards identified at 5th he's as bad as most of us think.  Minimum Two firsts and a second for any top 5 pick especially if one coming back  is not a top 10.

Trading for a later pick just to get a second rounder just seems pointless.

one good to great player or two bottom six players. Uh oh we know what benning will choose . 

Let the fleecing commence.

It's not the price Benning seeks, but the market price.  The franchise players are top 3. 

20 minutes ago, LM11 said:

Are people here really expecting AZ to give us 7th and 20th for 5th?  That's never going to happen.  Can people please be realistic.  If we trade with them, it'll only be the 7th overall and  2nd or a prospect.  Nothing more.

Yes, because a top 5 pick even 2 spots down to draft a player rumoured to be HIGHLY desired by the team wanting to trade up is of course only going to cost a pittance

While if we want to move up 2 spots we'll have to include an extra pick, take on a bad contract and add a player or prospect.

Because...CDC

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

But if Dubois or Puljujarvi aren't at 5, which teams are going to want to pay the price to move up?

ARZ want's D, BUF wants D. MTL want's Dubois, Are we willing to drop down to 10?  Maybe Buf would consider it to take Tkachuk but is the price going to be worth it for us to take a risk?

Mtl loves Brown too. Teams may want to move up for Tkachuk or a dman. 

4 minutes ago, LM11 said:

It's not the price Benning seeks, but the market price.  The franchise players are top 3. 

That's not really entirely true. The top 3 have slightly higher ceilings and/or will be NHL ready sooner but largely they just have less question marks. The next tier are largely just less projectable. Keller could be the best player in the draft. 

3 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Mtl loves Brown too. Teams may want to move up for Tkachuk or a dman. 

But unless were willing to go 10 or later the teams right behind will get the player they want without having to make a move.  

For example would MTL really give us an asset (2nd round pick or greater) just to move up to 5 so they can take Brown over Tkachuk?  When Brown is likely falling to them at 9 if they want?  MTL is also said to like Keller and also like the D available, so I don't see them willing to pay the asking price.

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

Brian Burke will be dancing up the podium to select Matthew Tkachuk. Calling it. This is if EDM passes on Tkachuk 

I think the lames want to engineer 2 top 6 picks by giving up Hamilton and one of their many 2nd rounders...

Archived