The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Etem Representing Canucks @ Pride Sunday

The Bookie

2 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

and to top it all off, right underneath the description of futurama they are trying to sell drone like futurama video games.

So herrdrfunk has a futurama gif and calls me a 13 yr old because I say I don't understand why gays have to have gay parade. king of surrey says I should stay in my basement and play video games for the same reason.

Whats this world coming to anyways.

A Futurama video game!? Well I guess that just totally proves you're the mature one...even though you don't seem to grasp that Pride is an event for all of the LGBT community. 

16 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

Sure thing Desi, call me what you like.

Actually, i am done wasting me time talking to you. 

Clearly, you don't learn from your mistakes,  and you continue to call me names / others posters names.

How old are you , 12  ? 

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Actually, i am done wasting me time talking to you. 

Clearly, you don't learn from your mistakes,  and you continue to call me names / others posters names.

How old are you , 12  ? 

Everyone knows who you are.

3 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

In sports, being gay is not nearly as accepted as in normal life. Most probably athletes are more comfortable avoiding the events. 

The fact that guys are nude around each other alot adds another layer to the situation for sure. 

No matter what each person's opinion or comfort level... I think Etem stepped up for this on. 

1 minute ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

The fact that guys are nude around each other alot adds another layer to the situation for sure. 

No matter what each person's opinion or comfort level... I think Etem stepped up for this on. 

Times are different now days.   Young kids are much more tolerant  / accepting than old timers....

Just look at mainstream TV  and how things have changed in the last 20 yrs..

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Times are different now days.   Young kids are much more tolerant  / accepting than old timers....

Just look at mainstream TV  and how things have changed in the last 20 yrs..

Would you bring your 5 or 8 year old son there?

20 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

Would you bring your 5 or 8 year old son there?

Of course i would.  Took both my daughters. LOL 

Why not ?

I have raised my kids to be tolerant / accepting....    we have a gay cousin and i have a gay best friend....

So probably do you......

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Of course i would.  Took both my daughters. LOL 

Why not ?

I have raised my kids to be tolerant / accepting....    we have a gay cousin and i have a gay best friend....

So probably do you......

Not about being tolerant. 

Just now, Realtor Rod said:

Not about being tolerant. 

Just was in Victoria  2 weeks ago...     We went to Victoria Pride Parade.

It was awesome.   I want my kids to be able to appreciate people for the good inside of them... not judge them on their sexuality...

Its 2016     not   1816  

23 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Just was in Victoria  2 weeks ago...     We went to Victoria Pride Parade.

It was awesome.   I want my kids to be able to appreciate people for the good inside of them... not judge them on their sexuality...

Its 2016     not   1816  

So by not taking my kids I am intolerant?

I've got no problem with the parades, even if I find it a bit silly. My problem is that they promote it as a "family" event and encourage people to bring their kids on down. I'm sorry, but an event based on celebrating and flaunting your sexuality (weather straight or gay) is not a "family" event and not appropriate for children. People that bring their kids to this should be ashamed of themselves. You can (and should!) teach your kids to love and respect those that are different than them without exposing them to an event celebrating sexuality. 

2 minutes ago, fabiogooseface said:

I've got no problem with the parades, even if I find it a bit silly. My problem is that they promote it as a "family" event and encourage people to bring their kids on down. I'm sorry, but an event based on celebrating and flaunting your sexuality (weather straight or gay) is not a "family" event and not appropriate for children. People that bring their kids to this should be ashamed of themselves. You can (and should!) teach your kids to love and respect those that are different than them without exposing them to an event celebrating sexuality. 

Word.

7 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

Word.

Too funny.

Sex is nothing to be ashamed of......   

You probably let your kids watch Simpsons / Play Grand Theft Auto  /  take them to gun shows  but you are scared if your kids see a penis or boobs...

LMAO 

Have you ever actually seen the Parade ?

13 minutes ago, fabiogooseface said:

Here is a family pride event for you....  Toronto though...

SATURDAY

• Family Story Time - Toronto Public Library, Yorkville Branch, 22 Yorkville Ave - 10:30 - noon

This event is the family-oriented portion of a series of readings and storytelling with the Glad Day Bookshop. The series features works read aloud by LGBTQ authors and storytellers. This family-focused event will showcase queer-focused children's books at the Yorkville Branch of the Toronto Public Library.

• Fruit Loopz - Ryerson's Fido Quad - 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Just want to add

You raise your kids how you want. Thats your right as a parent. 

Not for any of us to judge how  others want to raise  kids.

Raised my 2 girls in a very open household.... Took them as middle schoolers to Body Worlds Exhibit as well when it was in Van   LOL.   Their middle school cancelled their planned visit so i yanked them out for a day and took them myself...

Both my girls got Uni degrees  ( uvic - ubc  )   / great careers  and have great boyfriends...

I don't think attending a few Pride Parades did any great negative damage to my kids....  

Archived