The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

the Sedins - time to take more ownership of the situation?

bingofan

On 12/26/2016 at 4:33 PM, bingofan said:

Summary: The Sedin's are being paid top line money (aside from Erickson, no forward on the Canucks makes close to what they make), and are not scoring at the rate they need to in order for the Canucks to be successful. As leaders, I wish they would publicly take ownership of this fact, instead of saying after every loss "we weren't good enough," "we had too many turnovers," "we beat ourselves" etc...

So, what? They should just retire rather than cost the Canucks so much money? Some team should take them off our hands despite them not performing well enough for you? Or are just platitudes and cliches in post game interviews is enough?

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Didn't the Twins (Henrik?) call out Virtanen publicly last season?

Actually I think it was Daniel but he didn't name anybody. According to reports though Jake went to a concert the night before and showed up for practice hung over. The comment was something along the lines of  - the young guys need to learn this is a job. Whether practice or a game they need to show up ready work.

On 12/26/2016 at 5:37 PM, bingofan said:

I agree, but Toews and Kopitar could probably still hit and kill penalties at 36. And I doubt they would attribute their decline in production to the decline in the quality of players surrounding them. Yes, payers decline, and for sure at some point will produce less than what they are being paid for. I am just disappointed that they seem to refuse to acknowledge that (at least in public), and instead seem to deflect the responsibility onto other players making way less money. That's not really showing a lot of leadership in my opinion.

Thats a bold prediction. You have no clue the wear and tear hockey has on the human body.

13 hours ago, igorwasgreat said:

or draft particularly well , at least before Benning.

Gillis made a few solid picks - but traded away more trying to win.  But it is hard to draft first line players when you draft late in the 1st round for 12 years straight. 

Archived