The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for Tankers to face the TRUTH.

hearditall

don't think this is a full on rebuild by any means; these fellas don't seem bright enough.  if it wasn't for the expansion draft we would still be holding hansen to 'mentor our prospects ' on how to lose with dignity.  thank you las vegas.  and if it is somehow possible this is now a rebuild, well, it's a bit late isn't it?  we shipped out no one at the deadline last year.  laine will get 40goals.  i still remember jb drooling at the team he took over and dreaming of a s.c. run.  he was about the only one.  him and a handful of rose spec wearing dreamers.  lucky for him aqullini thought the same thing or it would have been grounds for clearing out his desk and leaving the building.  we are now two solid draft years behind and at best grasping at straws.  our hope lie with prospect goldibin (a late 1st pick).  and anyone can rave all they want about jb's awesome drafting prowess.  that may well be but can we wait until some of these 'hidden gems' play in the nhl before we proclaim them to be hits.  and erickson . . . don't get me started.

5 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I wonder how many tank posters can actually be accused of what these posts try to depict. The ratio must be so small as makes no difference. The claims against team tank look pretty much unsubstantiated here. It would be tough to string together a bunch of the posts that are eluded to in here to prove that the main crowd, the ones posting in here, wanted anything worse than is currently iced. 

Baggins must be crying in his beer with all these "AHL scrubs" being dressed. I mean, how can you win; a certain tank. Look for him to begin his self-imposed boycott of the team now. 

You'll need to be more specific as to the scrubs, what ahl scrubs?

BTW, I've watches some bad seasons since the Canucks joined the league. I'm yet to boycott them. I will if they set the team up to lose (tank) to start the season they'll get nothing from me. But being a seller at the deadline when out of the playoff pictire I have no issue with.

So really, I have no idea what nonsense you're going on about.

9 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

What do you want me to say? Pledge Hate against the GM for not rebuilding according to my personal preference?

Can't I just be thankful that things are shaping up the way I like it? 

Looks like somebody is bitter. 

WD wins again with half AHL roster...:shock:

PROVINCE PAPER for u that don't read:

Just so Tankers can here it from the mouths of the :canucks: (CANUCKS) itself, "Sounds like they are NOT TANKING" or have any plans to me...:towel:

the language both Linden and Benning used in describing this bold new direction. It might look like a rebuild. It might feel like a rebuild. It might quack like a rebuild. But calling it a rebuild?

No, we wouldn’t go that far.

“I look at is as a continuation of the things we’ve done over the last couple of years,” Linden said. “Perhaps it’s a more overt direction, but I’d say it’s a continuation.”

“We’re in a transition period,” said Benning.

Fine. Call it whatever you want. But there are now five players left from the team Linden and Benning took over in — yikes! — 2014, and if that isn’t a rebuild, it’s the next closest thing.

RYAN MILLER:

“I wanted to win because my wife is here and me son is here and I generally just like to win hockey games.”

BO HORVAT doesn't sound like he's packing it in:

The Canucks could have been 11 points shy of a playoff spot, now they’re seven. It’s still a huge mountain to climb with four teams to pass.

“It’s crazy and if we can get on a streak we can be right there and I think we have the team to do it,” summed up Horvat.

Also listened to Sutters & Millers post game interviews where they says their goal is to still push for a wild card spot (Playoff spot):shock:.  Yup like I've always said THERE'S NO QUIT IN PRO ATHLETES, especially the ones JB is bringing along...::D

So Tankers, You've heard it from the Prez, GM, WD, Vet players, & Young players (some smart fans) ITSELF,  No the CANUCKS ARE NOT TANKING & are still PLAYING TO WIN THE GAME. 

News Alert: Doing this while re-building the prospect pool & transitioning the young into bigger leadership roles (Horvat (A), Baer, Granlund, Hutton, Stecher (PP#1), etc....  :shock::towel:

Tanking is a word that sounds like giving up. Clearly we are not benching our star players and number one goalie with the intention of losing. We're just losing the majority of our games because we're not that good. On paper to start the year when we were projecting players statistics and contributions for the upcoming season it had us bottom 3. We didn't do a good enough job adding goals to our lineup in the offseason and everybody is surprised when it plays out almost exactly to what the projections had for us.

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Tanking is a word that sounds like giving up. Clearly we are not benching our star players and number one goalie with the intention of losing

Some people obviously just can't face the TRUTH.

1 minute ago, hearditall said:

4-3 that's how. BO leading the CHARGE...

58bc793ce5f8a_BullHorvat.png.105b1016e3e7d3c6646b1d300869df3f.png

So we're celebrating individual wins in the second consecutive season where the team is 28th in a 30 team league???

If this isn't a rebuild and they're legit trying to compete and having these kinds of results then there's a whole bunch of jobs that should be lost because they're failing miserably if they're trying to win a cup. 

Either that or they're lying about not rebuilding/transitioning/developing or whatever else they call this phase to try to keep the seats at Rogers arena full and there's a good percentage of people gobbling their goo without even realizing it. 

We make fun of the leafs and oilers for having decade long lulls, yet this is in year 4 of us being a bottom 10 team in the league(with one year exception, just like Toronto had) and there's no sign of a turnaround in the near future.

So be proud of the wins, but I hope you're showing your face for the losses which happen more often than not.

9 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Sweet Apple is my Fav.

Better than their stool ... :wacko:

It's not apple... it's their bs that they've baked and served to you. They are rebuilding, they just refuse to call it that. And it's fine, every team has to go through it eventually...it'd just be nice to hear the honest truth.

I'm saying that I'm not for tanking and losing on purpose. I want them to try but I don't believe they're better than a 25th-30th place team right now. And that's fine, we'll be good again in 3-7 years.

9 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I'm saying that I'm not for tanking and losing on purpose. I want them to try but I don't believe they're better than a 25th-30th place team right now. And that's fine, we'll be good again in 3-7 years.

And Am I disagreeing with U :sadno:...

I agree they are re-building/re-tooling just slowly but surely & with Patience while re-loading the prospect pools, that's all...It's actually not as slow as U might think ether, pretty big turn around since TL & JB took over.

Proof is in the Strudel. Just got to get off the STOOL to notice it.... :lol::towel:

I agree they are re-building/re-tooling just slowly but surely & with Patience while re-loading the prospect pools, that's all...It's actually not as slow as U might think ether, pretty big turn around since TL & JB took over. Proof is in the Strudel... 

Well there definately has been a change in roster, but development takes time, it's going to be a few years until Horvat, Baertschi or whoever comes next is a point/game. It's probably 5 years off for anyone not in the NHL yet in our system. It just takes time since Gillis was neglectful and didn't have any prospects being developed while this team was competitive. 

A tank does speed that up if we could get some luck in a draft, but I don't support that on purpose. 

I agree they are re-building/re-tooling just slowly but surely & with Patience while re-loading the prospect pools, that's all...It's actually not as slow as U might think ether, pretty big turn around since TL & JB took over. Proof is in the Strudel... 

Retool, to me, means complementing the existing core.  JB has been doing that from his first day.  Rebuild means removing the old core, and collecting young assets with high draft picks, and filling holes with UFAs, who you trade at TDLs for more picks.  JB has retooled for three years.  Who are our young guys?  Bo, Stecher, Granlund, Hutton, and Tryamkin.  Other than Bo, where is our elite talent?  Yes, the roster will be, eventually, turned over to a new core - led by Bo.  How good will that new group be?  I say a retooled group is likely to be middle of the pack, at best.  A rebuilt core will likely be middle of the pack at worst.  

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well there definately has been a change in roster, but development takes time, it's going to be a few years until Horvat, Baertschi or whoever comes next is a point/game. It's probably 5 years off for anyone not in the NHL yet in our system. It just takes time since Gillis was neglectful and didn't have any prospects being developed while this team was competitive. 

A tank does speed that up if we could get some luck in a draft, but I don't support that on purpose. 

We don't need to tank for that we are picking high & REALLY GOOD with Guru JB... 

Horvat #9 (BEAST)

Virtanen #6, McCann now Gubranson

Demko 2nd round

Tryamkin 3rd round

Brisbois 3rd round

Gaudette 5th round

Jasek 4th round

Boeser #23 overall - (could be top 10 today)

Juolevi #5

Goblin round #1

Dahlen 2nd round probably round #1 Today?

2017 - top 5

2018 - top 5 

That IS DRAFTING HIGH & GOOD at the same time which JB can do....

We've got this collective-fixation with terminology. Call it WTF, ya want! About 80% of the team's been turned over, since JB took the reins.

When the twins hang 'em up, our avg age will plummet, & our relative-speed(now vs then) will go exponential. Cap space will also be opening..soon there'll be joy in Mudville.

Call it what you want.

9 minutes ago, hearditall said:

We don't need to tank for that we are picking high & REALLY GOOD with Guru JB... 

Horvat #9 (BEAST)

Virtanen #6, McCann now Gubranson

Demko 2nd round

Tryamkin 3rd round

Brisbois 3rd round

Gaudette 5th round

Jasek 4th round

Boeser #23 overall - (could be top 10 today)

Juolevi #5

Goblin round #1

Dahlen 2nd round probably round #1 Today?

2017 - top 5

2018 - top 5 

That IS DRAFTING HIGH & GOOD at the same time which JB can do....

I'm not sold on jasek, gaudette and virtanen just yet, I also think we'll have a top 5 in 2019, then we'll start to compete again in 2020.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

We've got this collective-fixation with terminology. Call it WTF, ya want! About 80% of the team's been turned over, since JB took the reins.

When the twins hang 'em up, our avg age will plummet, & our relative-speed(now vs then) will go exponential. Cap space will also be opening..soon there'll be joy in Mudville.

Call it what you want.

Does turning over the roster to a younger group guarantee a good team?  Just because we are getting younger, doesn't mean we are getting better.  Retool = less prospects.  Rebuild = more prospects.  Getting the two guys at this TDL was a rebuild move.  Out with two old guys, and in with two young guys.  Hopefully one of those two young guys works out.  That's why I like the rebuild.  We have more prospects, so we have better chances some will turn out.  

Archived