The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Ben Hutton Out 3-6 Weeks

swizzey

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The point is -7 is not that bad given the amount he plays and the fact that Utica has been out scored by 21 goals this season 

he does bring offense, something we are sadly lacking 

My point is that considering how many points he has, he is still -7. 

That shows you he can't keep the puck out of his own net. 

What would he be without all those points?  -20?

He has been on the ice for way more goals against than anyone else on his team.  By a good amount.  

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

He has been on the ice for way more goals against than anyone else on his team.  By a good amount.  

That's the whole concept of plus minus 

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

And the idiot behind our bench has demonstrated that he doesn't care how terrible you are defensively given the insistence to use Weber and Larsen.  If WD is going to play defensive liabilities we might as well force him to play one who has a hope of developing into an NHLer.

3 hours ago, The Big Luongo said:

Yes I've already considered those points but he sure has a lot of speed for a senior citizen as you say lol and on a team that looks like they're all skating in quicksand most nights I don't think you want to trade your fastest player, a scorer when you can't score and a great pk guy and leader who young guys can watch what a great work ethic he has.

I'm not in favor of a Hansen trade to say the least unless it's for a younger Hansen who's maybe a bit bigger lol

I agree with you  100 %.   I am just looking like you say to trade a  31 yr old hansen and picking up a   still developing  21 yr old Hansen.

Trading quality for quality.   Maybe  a team going for the cup would make this kind of a trade.......

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Agreed, but maybe both Hansen and Tanev should have been traded last summer?

Agreed. I think JB was very much wanting to win a few games this year for the season ticket holders.  He did not go full tank....

I would have went full tank though.   

JB seems to be under owners orders to a rebuild on the fly  so what can we say....  Wasting assets .  Letting assets expire....

Thats what owners want.    Will it produce a long term mediocre club is the question... Is a few wins more each year worth 10 years of  8th -  10th of our conference..

Archived