The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

As of right now what do you feel our top 10-15 prospects rankings are

Hortankin

12 minutes ago, hammertime said:

My list of guys who have yet to make the jump but I believe will make the NHL in some form or another.

1-Juolevi

2-Boser

3-Demko 

4-Virtanen [patience with him will be key he has so many tools but will need to be brought along slowly it will be frustrating to watch or for him to watch for that matter] 

5-Gaudette [can't say enough good things about him I am incredibly excited about this prospect]

6-Subban [elite skill no doubt time will tell if he can play a 200' game though at this point due to his allure I think he's a bargaining chip to acquire a skilled fwd] 

7-Lockwood [he is a Megna comparable at this point whom I personally like however its on him weather he becomes Megna or much better I believe he can be better]

8-Brisbois [love his leadership and poise kids got skill and great character]

9-Cassels [I think we have yet to see what he's capable of. If he can find his intensity level that I have seen from him in the past he should climb this list quickly into top 5]

10-Pedan [probably will play more NHL games than many above him however all the guys above him have a much higher ceiling so he's 10th]

Honorable mentions i.e. the boom bust guys who I highly doubt will become NHL players however if they do might just become very good ones:

Jasek, Niell, Olson, Zhuk, Abols all of these guys have great skills and are very exciting but are long long shots as NHLers. However I would be surprised of none of these guys over achieve so here's to hoping.    

Good write up.  If I had to pick one guy who is going to do better than expected it would have to be Brisbois.  Of everyone I think his play will translate well in the big leagues and he could end up being a reliable second string defender who does everything ok without any glaring deficiencies.  Could end up been a steal. 

Juolevi has a lot to live up to given he was ranked the highest defenseman and others are already in the NHL.  

50 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Good write up.  If I had to pick one guy who is going to do better than expected it would have to be Brisbois.  Of everyone I think his play will translate well in the big leagues and he could end up being a reliable second string defender who does everything ok without any glaring deficiencies.  Could end up been a steal. 

Juolevi has a lot to live up to given he was ranked the highest defenseman and others are already in the NHL.  

I agree I would have both him and Cassels higher as I am very fond of those guys however I put them at 8 and 9 due to my belief that the guys above them have higher ceilings. That being said its very likely that they as well as Pedan go on to have 200+ game careers while a few of the guys above them [5,6,7]may never achieve that benchmark. 

So Jake Virtanen is down to 215 LB. It sounds like Benning has full intentions of leaving him in Utica for the season. Good to hear that he is beginning to make some strides. It is part of becoming a pro and every player has his weakness.

Archived