The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

As of right now what do you feel our top 10-15 prospects rankings are

Hortankin

13 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

No but close I watch Juolevi and tbh I'm scared for him rn cuz he hasn't looked good. 

Boeser 

Demko 

Gaudette 

Subban

Juolevi 

Virtanen 

Lockwood 

Mackenzie 

Zhukenov 

Jasek 

Brisbois isn't very good 

Brisbois reports coming out of the Hockey News is that the captain plays a hard smart game and is a leader in the locker room.  I must admit I didn't know much about this guy until I read this article and became a little excited that they would devote an article on him considering how little press the organization gets each issue... Usually it's a paragraph in the team section.

14 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Watching him once is different from watching almost every game. He's not ready. And it's hard to take what ur saying seriously if you have a Calgary flame based profile name and pic. And really???? Monahan? Talk about overrated. But I guess that's how u treat players.

Dude.   Way off base.

I've watched about 6-7 Olli games.

He isn't flashy at all, but is rock solid in most aspects of the game.  He will be a big player for us.    

Subban.......... sucks. 

I watch all Utica games, and IMO, he is a hotdogger, a complete one dimensional player, and a total liability in the d-zone. 

Putting him above anyone on the list is just silly.  

And yes, the guy has a flames pic, but his posts are always more thought out than you.    He is a good poster around here. 

6 hours ago, EV604 said:

Boeser 

Demko

Juolevi

Gaudette

Lockwood

Briesbois 

Are the only ones with a real shot to make the team in the future. I hope I'm wrong and there are others who surprise me. 

I have completely given up on Virtanen... I watch almost every Utica game and he is invisible down there. Every time I watch him play I get so frustrated. Its not always about goals and assists, you can have great games, look dangerous, be a force out there and just be snakebitten or run into hot goalies but that's not the case. He just doesn't look motivated at all, shows no flashes or signs of the player he should be, barely touches the puck and Travis Green hardly ever uses him in key situations ie. overtime/shootout/late in the 3rd. Green leans heavily on guys like Grenier, Valk, Archibald, Bancks, Labate, Hamilton, Zalewski just to name a few and they all get shifts in OT before jake and more the half the time the game is over by then. When your fitness and comitment levels are being questioned and your nick name is "big country" we have a major problem on our hands, especially in this city. It's becoming more evident everyday he is the Bryant Reeves of the NHL. I'm not gonna jump the gun and say trade him cause face it, an under achieving prospect ain't gonna get you much in the market....it never has. My advice to Jake, buy a house in Utica its the smarter then renting in long run. 

For someone who claims to watch almost every Utica game, it's funny that you would post a diatribe against Jake claiming he shows "no flashes or signs of the player he should be" right now. Immediately after a weekend when he was dominant, showing why he was drafted where he was. Guess you missed that.

By the way, Utica is not growing the way Vancouver is. It appears to have a rather stagnant economic base. Advising Jake to buy a house in a location like that indicates that your real estate knowledge is on a par with your hockey knowledge.

18 minutes ago, guntrix said:

1. Boeser

2. Demko

3. Juolevi

4. Gaudette

5. Lockwood

6. Subban

7. Virtanen

8. McEneny

9. Brisebois

10. Candela

Unlike popular opinion, I think none of these guys are NHL ready. 

Right now, I would agree. But I think at least half of them will have good NHL careers.

Fans are all ready giving up on Virtanen and I guess I get it. The fact he was drafted 6th means people expect him to be a first line player and  that he should be hear by now. Unfortunately it does not always work that way. Lets just hope he becomes an NHL player. Players with his size and mobility are hard to find. Even if he can become a bottom six winger. His size and wheels will fill a huge hole.

I have not been watching him but I have noticed that his shots  per game are up as of late. 

1) Juolevi

2) Demko

3) Boeser

4) Virtanen

5) Gaudette

6) Brisebois

7) Lockwood

8) Subban

9) McEneny

10) Jasek

11) Zhukenov

12) Neill

13) Mackenzie

14) Cassels

15) Garteig

We are still pretty bare, but keep in mind that Horvat, Hutton, Markstrom, Tryamkin, Stetcher, Baertschi and Gaunce as young players with the team. 

If we are including players under ~24, we look stronger:

1) Horvat 

2) Juolevi

3) Demko

4) Boeser

5) Stetcher

6) Tryamkin

7) Virtanen

8) Hutton

9) Gudbranson

10) Baertschi

11) Gaudette

12) Brisebois

13) Lockwood

14) Subban

15) McEneny

18 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Watching him once is different from watching almost every game. He's not ready. And it's hard to take what ur saying seriously if you have a Calgary flame based profile name and pic. And really???? Monahan? Talk about overrated. But I guess that's how u treat players.

Olli Juolevi, he's just not ready. Great hair though.

54 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Fans are all ready giving up on Virtanen and I guess I get it. The fact he was drafted 6th means people expect him to be a first line player and  that he should be hear by now. Unfortunately it does not always work that way. Lets just hope he becomes an NHL player. Players with his size and mobility are hard to find. Even if he can become a bottom six winger. His size and wheels will fill a huge hole.

I have not been watching him but I have noticed that his shots  per game are up as of late. 

Virt will be an NHL player, but as a bottom sizer for a career (just a guess right now) it's abysmal we took him at 6th... but hindsight and all that.

4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

For someone who claims to watch almost every Utica game, it's funny that you would post a diatribe against Jake claiming he shows "no flashes or signs of the player he should be" right now. Immediately after a weekend when he was dominant, showing why he was drafted where he was. Guess you missed that.

By the way, Utica is not growing the way Vancouver is. It appears to have a rather stagnant economic base. Advising Jake to buy a house in a location like that indicates that your real estate knowledge is on a par with your hockey knowledge.

I did miss this weekends games, but what did he do that was so dominating in your opinion? 

So your also saying I need my real estate licence in order to judge a hockey player? And I don't know the Utica economic base, so therefor I don't know hockey.. hahaha good one. Maybe we should get the top selling agents for Remax and Sutton to be our new GM, coach and head scouts..... lol hit the showers pal. 

15 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

I dont see Virtanen elite at all. I see him as a SOLID 3rd liner who can chip in 35 ish pt seasons. Prob around 10-15 goals season

I have very low expectations of him 

Im excited for Boeser and Demko! Gaudette and Lockwood may surprise too 

Elite potential. There's a difference between potential and is.. a lot of ppl on here confuse the 2.

Virtanen will take a bit of time to build his frame and be able to play against men the way he plays hockey best. Bertuzzi also looked like a bust early in his career.

Patience

Archived