8) Subban

9) McEneny

10) Jasek

11) Zhukenov

12) Neill

13) Mackenzie

14) Cassels

15) Garteig

We are still pretty bare, but keep in mind that Horvat, Hutton, Markstrom, Tryamkin, Stetcher, Baertschi and Gaunce as young players with the team. 

If we are including players under ~24, we look stronger:

1) Horvat 

2) Juolevi

3) Demko

4) Boeser

5) Stetcher

6) Tryamkin

7) Virtanen

8) Hutton

9) Gudbranson

10) Baertschi

11) Gaudette

12) Brisebois

13) Lockwood

14) Subban

15) McEneny

Under 25 current canuck

1. Horvat

2. Tryamkin

3. Stecher

4. Granlund

5. Baertschi

6. Hutton

7. Gaunce

50 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Elite potential. There's a difference between potential and is.. a lot of ppl on here confuse the 2.

Virtanen will take a bit of time to build his frame and be able to play against men the way he plays hockey best. Bertuzzi also looked like a bust early in his career.

Patience

Meh. Dont see much in him. Lets give him time and see if he proves people wrong

22 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Watching him once is different from watching almost every game. He's not ready. And it's hard to take what ur saying seriously if you have a Calgary flame based profile name and pic. And really???? Monahan? Talk about overrated. But I guess that's how u treat players.

Ummm...Monahan has 26 more goals than anyone in the 2013 draft class. He's on pace to put up 25+ goals for the 3rd year in a row and 3rd time in four years. 

I don't know about you, but that's a pretty good player you're calling overrated 

On 30/01/2017 at 1:15 PM, orcasgonewild said:

Watch Juolevi play and you'll see. We r rating players rn not how they might turn out. And rn Juolevi looks sad. Unlike u I'm not going off what others say, I'm going off what I see. He's literally not good yet. He could potentially be great tho.

Don't do (too much) drugs kids. Stay in school.

On 2017-01-29 at 4:09 PM, orcasgonewild said:

No but close I watch Juolevi and tbh I'm scared for him rn cuz he hasn't looked good. 

Boeser 

Demko 

Gaudette 

Subban

Juolevi 

Virtanen 

Lockwood 

Mackenzie 

Zhukenov 

Jasek 

Brisbois isn't very good 

You have subban over Juolevi? What?

19 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Yea that does mean that but I strongly thing his play is boosted by the players around him. Looked idk what I can tell you ok i watch him play all the time and he doesn't look good. That's just me. Ik ur probably just going off potential or stats but trust me. U can also watch a game and tell me what u think to

I value your opinion as you get to watch him and I don't; however, your examples are poor (as mentioned in my previous reply).  Even now you're saying he's benefiting by the players around him but wasn't he playing with the best line in Marner, Dvorak and Tkachuk last season?  Where are those players now?  Certainly not benefitting Juolevi as they're all playing in the NHL this season.

On 2017-01-30 at 11:54 AM, alfstonker said:

I know I've erred on the safe side. :)

Seriously, I am troubled by his attitude but will revisit the assessment at the end of the season.

I've met Jake several times and he seems like a decent kid. Jake played well in his first stint in Utica for a 19 year old, but still wasn't ready.  The team screwed up by having him make the team without earning it so it's on them. He thought he was in and mentally took his foot off the gas. He isn't irreparably damaged though, he has all the tools to be a good player. Green is getting through to him slowly. The last few Utica games he's been looking like a future pro.

55 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Linden was on Team 1040 today and reinforced that they will not be making any moves to just make the playoffs. He did not rule out moving a defenseman.

They will be keeping their draft picks.

linden-we-won-t-mortgage-future-to-make-playoffs-1.htm

I'm glad the bitching about coaching and management has died down a bit. Was getting really tiresome on here. 

11 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I've met Jake several times and he seems like a decent kid. Jake played well in his first stint in Utica for a 19 year old, but still wasn't ready.  The team screwed up by having him make the team without earning it so it's on them. He thought he was in and mentally took his foot off the gas. He isn't irreparably damaged though, he has all the tools to be a good player. Green is getting through to him slowly. The last few Utica games he's been looking like a future pro.

Nothing would delight me more.

I am one of the fans who actually wanted to draft Jake and was pleased when we did. (mainly because, as most who regularly read my posts know, I have a thing about this team getting bigger and more physical) 

I also said at the time he was brought into the team that I didn't like it. However I reluctantly agreed with JB when he said Vancouver was a better option than going back to the Juniors.

I changed my mind completely after he came back from the WJC and performed really well - to the extent I was looking forward to him starting this season in Vancouver.

To say I was disappointed when he turned up so obviously out of condition, was putting it mildly. I couldn't believe he could be so disrespectful to the coach and the Club, not to mention the fans, after the way they supported him after the WJC. That imo IS a character flaw and only time will tell if it is down to immaturity or something more serious.

On 30/01/2017 at 5:53 PM, chickenman92 said:

Ummm...Monahan has 26 more goals than anyone in the 2013 draft class. He's on pace to put up 25+ goals for the 3rd year in a row and 3rd time in four years. 

I don't know about you, but that's a pretty good player you're calling overrated 

Didn't he will the Calder too?  Calgarys prospect pool is actually not that great....Only because their best prospects end up becoming high end roster players...This year it's Tachuck.  And Benning wasnpublicly stating he basically was going to pick Dubious and passes on you know who and now every time I read that he is still looking for a gritty winger that can score and I read yet Another well written article on you know who if it wasn't for Laine and Mathews  a Calder worthy season I want to smash something.

My list of guys who have yet to make the jump but I believe will make the NHL in some form or another.

1-Juolevi

2-Boser

3-Demko 

4-Virtanen [patience with him will be key he has so many tools but will need to be brought along slowly it will be frustrating to watch or for him to watch for that matter] 

5-Gaudette [can't say enough good things about him I am incredibly excited about this prospect]

6-Subban [elite skill no doubt time will tell if he can play a 200' game though at this point due to his allure I think he's a bargaining chip to acquire a skilled fwd] 

7-Lockwood [he is a Megna comparable at this point whom I personally like however its on him weather he becomes Megna or much better I believe he can be better]

8-Brisbois [love his leadership and poise kids got skill and great character]

9-Cassels [I think we have yet to see what he's capable of. If he can find his intensity level that I have seen from him in the past he should climb this list quickly into top 5]

10-Pedan [probably will play more NHL games than many above him however all the guys above him have a much higher ceiling so he's 10th]

Honorable mentions i.e. the boom bust guys who I highly doubt will become NHL players however if they do might just become very good ones:

Jasek, Niell, Olson, Zhuk, Abols all of these guys have great skills and are very exciting but are long long shots as NHLers. However I would be surprised of none of these guys over achieve so here's to hoping.    

Archived