The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If only it were as simple as that. You do realize that viruses and microbes are actual living organisms that evolve at a rate far greater than normal lifeforms like mammals, fish , birds and the like, right? 

But.... It's easier to spot a target that someone else pointed out already and attack it without actually being informed. The prevalence of anti-bacterial soaps has done more to weaken the already depleted North American immune system than the anti-vaccine contingent has. 

yah but Jenny was hot once, so its all gotta be good right?

15 hours ago, xereau said:

Actually, vaccines only target common variants of viruses.  Yes, there are many strains of each disease.  Vaccines are a crap shoot at best.  For example, the HPV vaccine only targets 4 out of 118 variants.  See where I am going with this?  I understand the desire to wrap up everyone you disagree with into one tight little easily disparaged group to fit your narrative, but it is as it always is, wrong.  This is a very complicated issue FAR beyond "anyone that disagrees with me is a moron".

If you don't want to vaccinate your child against deadly diseases (which is what we are talking about, not just any vaccine) then you are a moron regardless of your reasoning behind it, sorry there's no other way to describe it. The only exception is for those whose bodies can't handle it hence why herd immunity is so important. By not vaccinating you are not only putting your child at risk, but many others who don't have the ability to get vaccinated and that is definitely moronic.

14 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If only it were as simple as that. You do realize that viruses and microbes are actual living organisms that evolve at a rate far greater than normal lifeforms like mammals, fish , birds and the like, right? 

But.... It's easier to spot a target that someone else pointed out already and attack it without actually being informed. The prevalence of anti-bacterial soaps has done more to weaken the already depleted North American immune system than the anti-vaccine contingent has. 

This is not about a flu shot where the consequences of not getting it is you get sick. This is about deadly diseases that were eradicated or close to it and now have come roaring back. I am well aware of the problems with antibiotics and the effect it has on our immune system's ability to fight back.

Just now, Mattrek said:

This is not about a flu shot where the consequences of not getting it is you get sick. This is about deadly diseases that were eradicated or close to it and now have come roaring back. I am well aware of the problems with antibiotics and the effect it has on our immune system's ability to fight back.

I understand. Fair enough. That being said, plenty of diseases, viral or otherwise, do show up regardless of a population's ability to vaccinate, and those viruses have shown to have grown far more complex over time. Evolving way ahead of humanity's curve to control and eradicate them.

^

Wild and Canucks have played each other last on the 4th.  That's over 3 weeks ago.  They couldn't have caught it then if it's 16-18 days before symptoms appear.  

The last road game for the Wild was the 7th (Jets).  From the 8th onwards they have been playing at home and are actually coming off their bye week.  Parise and Pominville were practicing yesterday. 

Could this be the biggest conspiracy in the Canucks history? 

With the growing support for team Tank Nation, the mumps could be the straw that broke the camel's playoff hopes this year. Was it an inside job, or was it fan initiated viral warfare? Maybe we'll never know...

in in all seriousness though, I wish the Vancouver Camumps a speedy recovery. The mumps are no fun

Archived