The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

You may want to go past the last 2 years of the team and take a look at the luck of the francise since 1970. From the roulette wheel loss of 1st overall in our 1st draft, the Rangers getting extra rest day in the '94 final, losing out on Gretzky as a FA, signing Messier, Bure demanding a trade, rip Luc Bourdon, 2011, falling in the last lottery, I've missed some for sure but the franchise is near 50 years of bad luck.

Most of our bad luck is directly correlated to the Bettman era post 1993. 

Don't forget the Auger incident, team bias from the DoPS and Kerry Fraser exposing game management. 

I'd love to meet Bettman, explain to him what his pro large market/ tv revenue growth model has done to negatively effect the Canucks franchise and then punch him right in the face. 

9 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Do I know people who have been injured and killed by vaccines?  YES.

Sorry, mate, your anecdotal evidence is contradicted by overwhelming scientific evidence.  I also doubt you know anyone who has been injured or killed by a vaccine.  The probability of anything more than a mild fever is remarkably rare.  People have died from unrelated causes after a vaccination and their friends and relatives have incorrectly diagnosed it as being caused by the vaccine, but actual vaccination deaths are extremely rare.  Much much less rare than deaths caused by the disease itself.  The number of deaths following MMR vaccination reported to VAERS is under 400.  All deaths not proven to be from another cause (ie: car accidents) must be reported to VAERS after immunization, which means those numbers will be inflated due to other 'unidentied causes'.

That vaccines work is incontrovertible fact.  That a booster helps is evidenced strongly by the fact that of those who are immunized, it's almost exclusively the single dose generation that is being infected.  The infection rate for single dose is still far lower than those who are not immunized.  The infection rate for everyone is reduced because the disease is being marginalized and could be eradicated if it weren't for anti-vaccers.  You can read the product inserts all you want, I've done that as well as read the independent scientific studies on the topic and have an education that allows me to understand what is being said. 

Your anti-vaccine argument is baseless and endangers lives.

18 minutes ago, HarryCanuck said:

Don't forget the Auger incident, team bias from the DoPS and Kerry Fraser exposing game management. 

I'd love to meet Bettman, explain to him what his pro large market/ tv revenue growth model has done to negatively effect the Canucks franchise and then punch him right in the face. 

That's one, one punch.

IMG_1533.JPG

Second, there has never been any proof that any vaccine works

Scanning through this thread, I'm seeing a lot of ridiculous lies such as the above.

And, you guys are being rather nice to the anti-vaxxers!  You shouldn't be.  These people are spreading insane falsehoods that kill people.  You should be denigrating them and shutting them the hell up.  Every time they're allowed to spread their lies, the more likely it becomes that people will die.  Go look up all the outbreaks of preventable disease that happen whenever a society moves away from vaccines!  Their argument holds absolutely no water.

Jenny McCarthy has gotta be the dumbest person on the planet.  The amount of harm she has caused is absolutely staggering - and it is literally global in scale.

If anyone tells you vaccines are harmful, you immediately know that they don't know the first thing about what they are talking about.  Just like when someone claims that humans aren't responsible for climate-change, it's just a self-serving lie from someone who knows absolutely nothing about the issue.

19 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

Sorry, mate, your anecdotal evidence is contradicted by overwhelming scientific evidence.  I also doubt you know anyone who has been injured or killed by a vaccine.  The probability of anything more than a mild fever is remarkably rare.  People have died from unrelated causes after a vaccination and their friends and relatives have incorrectly diagnosed it as being caused by the vaccine, but actual vaccination deaths are extremely rare.  Much much less rare than deaths caused by the disease itself.  The number of deaths following MMR vaccination reported to VAERS is under 400.  All deaths not proven to be from another cause (ie: car accidents) must be reported to VAERS after immunization, which means those numbers will be inflated due to other 'unidentied causes'.

That vaccines work is incontrovertible fact.  That a booster helps is evidenced strongly by the fact that of those who are immunized, it's almost exclusively the single dose generation that is being infected.  The infection rate for single dose is still far lower than those who are not immunized.  The infection rate for everyone is reduced because the disease is being marginalized and could be eradicated if it weren't for anti-vaccers.  You can read the product inserts all you want, I've done that as well as read the independent scientific studies on the topic and have an education that allows me to understand what is being said. 

I wouldnt let Anti-vaccers children near my children. The irresponsibility to potentially do more harm than good just baffles me. 

1 hour ago, RogersTowell said:

Well as a world traveler, my wife and I have had just about every vaccine out there. Mumps/rubella, typhoid, meningitis, yellow, hepatitis, annual influenza

Other than the Typhoid, upset stomach, diarreha, we have never had an adverse reaction to any vaccine.

2 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Jenny McCarthy has gotta be the dumbest person on the planet.  The amount of harm she has caused is absolutely staggering - and it is literally global in scale.

Let's have some satire, shall we? 

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/02/canucks-fire-team-doctor-jenny-mccarthy-5-players-contract-mumps/

VANCOUVER – Vancouver Canucks have terminated their agreement with their team doctor, Jenny McCarthy, after 5 players contracted the mumps.

The actress, model, and alternative medicine adviser for the NHL team was informed of her dismissal earlier today. McCarthy had advised the team to avoid vaccination and only consult outside medical advice if you agreed with it.

“We became concerned after Dr. McCarthy insisted putting Gwyneth Paltrow’s muscle toning cream on Alexander Edler fractured fibula as treatment,” explained Canucks Coach Willie Desjardins. “And the only prescription she gave out was for her book, ‘Louder than Words.’”

McCarthy, who apparently has no medical degree, said that she was disappointed that the team was letting her go, but said she had done her job since none of the players contracted autism.

According to sources, the Canucks organization intends on replacing the pseudo-physician with one of the many qualified homeopaths available in the Vancouver area.

16 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

You may want to go past the last 2 years of the team and take a look at the luck of the francise since 1970. From the roulette wheel loss of 1st overall in our 1st draft, the Rangers getting extra rest day in the '94 final, losing out on Gretzky as a FA, signing Messier, Bure demanding a trade, rip Luc Bourdon, 2011, falling in the last lottery, I've missed some for sure but the franchise is near 50 years of bad luck.

2 hours ago, HarryCanuck said:

Lately around the trade deadline. Hamhuis injured just before and during the trade deadline for the two years prior when there was already talk of moving him. I forget but there were others as well. Now this bug right before and maybe lasting through the deadline reducing teams willing to take on some infected player that not only may not be playing at 100% off the get go, but my infect others. We can't trade for picks and prospects and get younger if there is no one healthy to deal.

Archived