The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Ryan Biech doing the CBA sleuthing so I don’t have to. Love that guy. Saves me a lot of time. :) 

Oooo!! Seeing Dahlen play any NHL games this year would be a real treat. Hockey gods owe us after the Boeser sacrifice. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

Hållander has been quite unlucky with a knee injury and a Flu.. Never really had a chance to get into The game between those, its been obvious how valuable he is to The team thou since the games where he's been Away Timrå has a significally lower winrate than with him in the team, his grit, size and Power even as a U18 in a mens League is incredibly impressive and IF you ask med ive Never seen anything like it... They have both said They will stay in Timrå no matter IF its in Allsvenskan or SHL so i feel ok sending you Dahlen, losing Pettersson this year etc.. Timrås youth programme seems like its on top lately! 

Thanks for all the updates and keeping us informed. We gladly except JD. After he helps you guys get back to where you belong of course. cheers.

9 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

I'd even see Olofsson going top 15, but i dont know how Hard it is to find and elite 2-way centre over there? 

Hållander cold for sure be around early  round 2, he is more of an NA type of played.. Physical, powerful and doesnt mindre going into The hot spots in the corners and infront of The net 

I think i posted this a few posts up, if Timrå loses both playoffs to get into The direct qualifiers the season ends 22/3~24/3    IF Timrå goes though to The direct qualifiers it goes on to 31/3~6/4 depending on match scores

Thanks again for the insight, I really appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Dahlén and Timrå open up their best of 5 series against Leksands IF today. Winner of this series advances directly to the SHL qualifiers. Loser will need to win an additional playoff to advance to the qualifiers.

There was a story about how Dahlen wanted to stay to help his team get to the playoffs vs. move over here or join up with Pettersson, nice to see him rewarded for that loyalty. I'm sure his fans there appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I still can't believe Benning got Dahlen from OTT for Burrows. OTT is a real mess these days, and I'm sure if they could take back that trade they would. 

Oh without a doubt! I bet that San Jose would also take back the Hansen trade. Especially had that conditional pick turned out to be higher. 

16 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Oh without a doubt! I bet that San Jose would also take back the Hansen trade. Especially had that conditional pick turned out to be higher. 

Oh yes, for sure. One could also argue that trading Holm for Leipsic was a good trade as well. Holm may never play, Leipsic is currently on our top line lol Mind you, I don't think he's a top line player on a good team, but he never looked out of place with Bo and Boeser. If anything, he could be a great 3rd liner, with Gaudette and maybe Lockwood.

Benning gets a lot of heat for his trades, but he's made some good ones too.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Oh yes, for sure. One could also argue that trading Holm for Leipsic was a good trade as well. Holm may never play, Leipsic is currently on our top line lol Mind you, I don't think he's a top line player on a good team, but he never looked out of place with Bo and Boeser. If anything, he could be a great 3rd liner, with Gaudette and maybe Lockwood.

Benning gets a lot of heat for his trades, but he's made some good ones too.

Very early to say the Leipsic trade is a win but its looking good so far. Especially since he's actually younger and has had an NHL career so far. I think once some of our prospects graduate in a couple years he'll be bumped down and play a somewhat veteran role on a line of rookies like Gaudette and MacEwen, Lockwood or gadjovich.

Dahlen has definitely been a win of a trade and it will be interesting to see where he slot in down the line. Hoping Goldy's on the team next year instead of older plugs like Dowd.