The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack of interest in Miller good for Canucks

nickels

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's easy to criticize any goalies game after the fact and Miller is no exception.  I stand by my belief that he keeps us in games we have no business winning and is our MVP this season.  WD job is to win games despite the line-up so it's easy to under why Miller is getting the harder assignments and more games at this time he is simply outplaying Markstrom.  Again don't worry this can't and won't go on forever.  Miller is getting noticed and there is no absolute saying we will be the team to resign him.  

If he goes Markstrom will likely be our guy.  And we will likely get our shot at first overall next year.

Sure. resign Miller as a backup to Markstrom, next year for half the salary that he is getting paid now.

I don't see Miller out playing Markstrom, if he was, he would have a winning record and a better winning percentage.

Furthermore, Miller isn't the MVP when Markstrom has a better record and that is even a losing record...and Markstrom is far from being a MVP candidate.

If anything, Bo Horvat is the MVP...outscoring Sedins with less TOI and less PP. He is proving himself as the next leader by surpassing the vets.

On March 1, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Kaner said:

I'd say the Canucks should re-sign Miller as long as he wants to be here, and is understanding that he won't be winning a cup in VanCity. Ideally he'd sign for 1 year, allowing Markstrom about 70% of the starts next season. The following season, we would sign a UFA G and bring up Demko the next year. 

Would you if you were Miler. I think he walks. I would go to Vegas if I were him. They could offer him 3x5m easy with a NTC and he would be close to home.  

Now I wonder if the Nux could swing a back room sign and expose deal to protect our players from getting taken by Vegas if Miller won't sign here for 4m or less.

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

Sure. resign Miller as a backup to Markstrom, next year for half the salary that he is getting paid now.

I don't see Miller out playing Markstrom, if he was, he would have a winning record and a better winning percentage.

Furthermore, Miller isn't the MVP when Markstrom has a better record and that is even a losing record...and Markstrom is far from being a MVP candidate.

If anything, Bo Horvat is the MVP...outscoring Sedins with less TOI and less PP. He is proving himself as the next leader by surpassing the vets.

Sure.

Miller should be offered 1yr x4.5m  or

2yrs x3.75m

If someone is willing to pay him 5m in a place he's willing to play.....oh well.

I don't see it.

LA,Ana,SJ,Dal aren't paying 5 M for a back up, and can't see him going to the gong show in Vegas.

As i mentioned earlier in thread...should take advantage of the marketplace. Was overpaid last deal.

Bo.... 3x5m or

8x6m

Whatever it takes to lock him up the longest while keeping him happy.

Gudbranson...does not deserve a raise...has not even played up to his previous salary.

5m is a joke for what he brings. Have a feeling Benning overpays here to save face.

No way should we give him a NTC.

Archived