The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trading Down

4 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yes and no. Lindros was the best player involved in his trade but it's hard to argue with cups the Nordiques/Avs won using the pieces they got by trading him.

I think there's a couple of ways of looking at it, which applies to any era, which team got the best player and which team did the most with what they got?

THE classic overpayment.  I think Philly liked having Lindros however.  Can you name another example?

12 hours ago, hammertime said:

In each of my proposed trades there is a high upside player involved that could very well surpass Vilardi/Mittelstadt at the NHL level. We could very well be getting paid to receive the best player in these deals. Neither Vilardi or Mittelstadt show elite NHL upside IMO players beneath them aren't far off the talent drop between 3rd/4th and 20th isn't overwhelming enough to sour me on the idea.

Then why would any other team accept these trades? You gotta think from their perspective too....

On 4/14/2017 at 4:10 PM, HerrDrFunk said:

Yes and no. Lindros was the best player involved in his trade but it's hard to argue with cups the Nordiques/Avs won using the pieces they got by trading him.

I think there's a couple of ways of looking at it, which applies to any era, which team got the best player and which team did the most with what they got?

I don't know, I think I'd take Peter Forsburg over Lindros everyday

Archived