The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour-Eklund) Canucks and Paul Byron

On 5/21/2017 at 10:38 AM, Provost said:

Take it for what it's worth,  couldn't cost much and just adds to the tweener winter depth, by would t be horrible.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Canucks-making-play-for-Paul-Byron/1/85316

I have no idea what the rumour actually is because I refuse to click on a hockeybuzz link in an Eklund thread. Could you not just post the relevant bit in the OP?

3 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I have no idea what the rumour actually is because I refuse to click on a hockeybuzz link in an Eklund thread. Could you not just post the relevant bit in the OP?

There wasn't any.  He said he was going for lunch with "the source" and there was "more to come"... then crickets.

Eklund is...well, Eklund. So, it's a joke really.

But the idea of Byron in Vancouver isn't terrible. I'll take him as a 3rd line guy who can move up to the 2nd line when there's an injury or a slump. He's on a cheap deal and is a very serviceable winger.

Having said that, the price has to be right. No sense paying through the nose for a guy who is a one time 20+ goal scorer at age 27.

On 5/22/2017 at 8:38 AM, Hutton Wink said:

I think we were all embittered by 2011, and hate being pushed around and bullied.  Reality was though, if the Canucks had punished the Bruins with the powerplay, their crap would have stopped and we likely would have had a cup.  They just couldn't get it done although injuries, especially to the D, had a lot to do with it.  That was the start of our PP woes the past six years, and it's a mystery to me how you can have two elite players like the twins who cannot seem to figure out how to fix it.

And the one that did most of the pushing that year is about 5'9" if I recall.

21 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

There wasn't any.  He said he was going for lunch with "the source" and there was "more to come"... then crickets.

Ah, good to know. We can just let this die I guess.

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

And the one that did most of the pushing that year is about 5'9" if I recall.

I still have this vision of Daniel in his last-ever game against the Bruins, taking Marchand hard into the boards, dropping the gloves, and utterly clobbering him into a sobbing mess.

It's just a vision, don't burst it with a shot of reality, lol.

24 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I still have this vision of Daniel in his last-ever game against the Bruins, taking Marchand hard into the boards, dropping the gloves, and utterly clobbering him into a sobbing mess.

It's just a vision, don't burst it with a shot of reality, lol.

You must have been on mescalin. 

Archived