The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour-Eklund) Canucks and Paul Byron

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Well, considering Sutter has an NTC...

Yes.  Going to MTL would be a better option if he wants to win a cup in the next couple seasons.  It was just a joke anyways.

It seems some people don't remember the Canucks constantly getting pushed around.   

This team needs skill AND size.  

Not one or the other.  

Im sure some goof is going to say

'well, that's the way the league is trending! Small fast guys!'

Nope.   Maybe in a handful of years, you might see that claim take shape, but in the mean time, keep those shrimps off the Canucks.  

Man do I dislike small weak players.  

The makeup and style of the league changes so often.   It wasn't long ago where big strong tough guys won you cups.  

I don't want to fill the roster with tiny twigs, then get beaten up by the teams who didn't dig the latest trend. 

Not every team team is going to follow the small guys.  Then one year a big team will will the cup, and everyone wants big strong players again.  

This guy is 5'8.   

When I was 13 years old, I was 5'10. 

I will not cheer for a guy I could beat up when I was a child. 

6 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

It seems some people don't remember the Canucks constantly getting pushed around.   

This team needs skill AND size.  

Not one or the other....

Not every team team is going to follow the small guys.  Then one year a big team will will the cup, and everyone wants big strong players again. 

I think we were all embittered by 2011, and hate being pushed around and bullied.  Reality was though, if the Canucks had punished the Bruins with the powerplay, their crap would have stopped and we likely would have had a cup.  They just couldn't get it done although injuries, especially to the D, had a lot to do with it.  That was the start of our PP woes the past six years, and it's a mystery to me how you can have two elite players like the twins who cannot seem to figure out how to fix it.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

I think we were all embittered by 2011, and hate being pushed around and bullied.  Reality was though, if the Canucks had punished the Bruins with the powerplay, their crap would have stopped and we likely would have had a cup.  They just couldn't get it done although injuries, especially to the D, had a lot to do with it.  That was the start of our PP woes the past six years, and it's a mystery to me how you can have two elite players like the twins who cannot seem to figure out how to fix it.

Our tire fire of a power play is a totally different mystery.  

Our size issue has has been a problem for years though.  

Yes, 2011 was embarrassing. We got straight up punked out of the rink.  

We still continue to get to get pushed around though.   And for me personally, who prefers a big strong team, it is still embarrassing to watch.  

This is is a men's league. Why the heck are we begging for more children in the league.   After a while it is going to be a weak sad excuse for a game.  

It is just like men in general for real life. 

It's getting more and more acceptable to wear your little sisters pants.  

A man bun is a real thing.  

It is offensive to have any natural testosterone in your body. 

You can't just be a man anymore.  

Everyone loves these pampered, turbo sensitive, overly PC, wieners. 

It a handful of years, you will look around on the street and wonder 'where did all the man go?'

that is the problem with small people in the NHL.  

7 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

We still continue to get to get pushed around though.   And for me personally, who prefers a big strong team, it is still embarrassing to watch.  

This is is a men's league. Why the heck are we begging for more children in the league.   After a while it is going to be a weak sad excuse for a game.  

It a handful of years, you will look around on the street and wonder 'where did all the man go?'

Being small = Not a man? Gotcha. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Being small = Not a man? Gotcha. :rolleyes:

There are tons of holes in my silly rant.  Hahah.  

Your point is just one of many.   Hahahahaha

edit:   

To add,  and I know I'm not being totally pc, but if you are only 5'8, in my head, im prob not going to take you overly serious on the ice

I will be respectful like I am with everyone else in life, but still.  

It is a more complex thing than just height.

Most of our bigger guys entirely lack physicality and small guys like Biega play tougher than their size.

We do need physical players for sure, and I remember hearing Linden recently saying that we needed a more traditional 4th line because we didn't have the size and physicality in the top nine like some other teams who could afford to roll four lines.

There is a reason they were interested in Kane and why they picked up Gudbranson.

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

CDC HOF worthy rant, imo

8 hours ago, drummerboy said:

There are tons of holes in my silly rant.  Hahah.  

Your point is just one of many.   Hahahahaha

edit:   

To add,  and I know I'm not being totally pc, but if you are only 5'8, in my head, im prob not going to take you overly serious on the ice

I will be respectful like I am with everyone else in life, but still.  

I kinda get it. I dunno just seems a bit extreme to associate smaller height with a lack of toughness. With that said I am for sure on team "bigger is better". :P 

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I kinda get it. I dunno just seems a bit extreme to associate smaller height with a lack of toughness. With that said I am for sure on team "bigger is better". :P 

Sure, little guys can be tough.  Absolutely. 

But I'd rather take a guy who is 6'3 and tough than a guy 5'8 who is tough for his size.  

Archived