The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Last ditch Hutton deal ideas before the ED

Serge and 2nd got Drouin and a 6th... 

So so based on players that can be had at below market value, should JB go out and make this team better.  

How much could Hutton snag as a high valued asset in the current market, being exempt from the ED?

Vatannen or Silfberg come to mind in Anahiem.  

We we would have to expose another player in the ED, Baer or Sutter come to mind, unless LE will waive his NMC to be exposed... 

So who is out there that could be had for Hutton and say Baer (as he is likely lost to the ED).  

Thoughts?  

11 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Serge and 2nd got Drouin and a 6th... 

So so based on players that can be had at below market value, should JB go out and make this team better.  

How much could Hutton snag as a high valued asset in the current market, being exempt from the ED?

Vatannen or Silfberg come to mind in Anahiem.  

We we would have to expose another player in the ED, Baer or Sutter come to mind, unless LE will waive his NMC to be exposed... 

So who is out there that could be had for Hutton and say Baer (as he is likely lost to the ED).  

Thoughts?  

If another team is going to potentially lose a player we'd be trading for, why are we basically shifting their problem to us and giving up Hutton? That would make no sense.

You're basically paying the other team to create a problem for  yourself? 

No you offer a mid pick and or a prospect so they get 'something' vs nothing

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No.  Hutton, Gudbranson, Juolevi, Stetcher to me are untouchable

Unless someone gives you a deal that's insane. 

Edler, Sbsia, Tanev in that order, that's fine. 

Geez I wonder what you would classify Horvat and Boeser.......super duper untouchable???

I agree that an offer for Juolevi would need to be really great, but the other 3, if it fills our needs I'd consider trading them for a good/fair offer.

I think there's a better chance Hutton gets traded before Tanev. Canucks have some good prospects coming up on the left side (Juolevi, Brisebois, McEneny, they re-signed Pedan, signed Holm, Tryamkin may return one day). Hutton is also protected in the ED. Who needs a LHD?

41 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

If another team is going to potentially lose a player we'd be trading for, why are we basically shifting their problem to us and giving up Hutton? That would make no sense.

You're basically paying the other team to create a problem for  yourself? 

No you offer a mid pick and or a prospect so they get 'something' vs nothing

It really depends on if that player is worth losing two off our roster.  I love Silfberg's game, Vatannen is the puck mover we seriously lack... Could they or another player be worth a Hutton and Baer loss?  

Thats my question.  When Drouin went for Serge and a 2nd.  

9 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

It really depends on if that player is worth losing two off our roster.  I love Silfberg's game, Vatannen is the puck mover we seriously lack... Could they or another player be worth a Hutton and Baer loss?  

Thats my question.  When Drouin went for Serge and a 2nd.  

personally dont think a vatanen or any player that could be traded for > hutton and baer tbh

3 hours ago, PassittoBoeser said:

personally dont think a vatanen or any player that could be traded for > hutton and baer tbh

In almost every case I would agree with you, except the ducks will loose one of the two to the LVK.  So loose one for nothing or trade for another asset.   It's the only reason Drouin was traded.  Tampa was asking for Horvat plus our first, plus again,  last year for Drouin.  So his asking price pre the ED was Horvat, Joulevi and another pick/prospect/player.  

Likely nothing will happen, but I would hope JB is dangling some bait as teams look to protect assets during the ED.  

4 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

In almost every case I would agree with you, except the ducks will loose one of the two to the LVK.  So loose one for nothing or trade for another asset.   It's the only reason Drouin was traded.  Tampa was asking for Horvat plus our first, plus again,  last year for Drouin.  So his asking price pre the ED was Horvat, Joulevi and another pick/prospect/player.  

Likely nothing will happen, but I would hope JB is dangling some bait as teams look to protect assets during the ED.  

Anaheim has a deal in place with Vegas. 

Hutton could get us a lot, especially being ED-exempt, but if we trade him for a guy we have to protect, especially a defenceman like Vatanen, we're bound to lose one of Tanev or Sbisa. Even if we trade Tanev or Sbisa, we're still losing a top-4 defenceman for nothing.

The smart thing would be to trade one of Tanev or Sbisa before the draft for a prospect or pick, or cross our fingers that Vegas takes Boucher or Gaunce instead.

Archived