The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suggest me something to watch on Netflix

On 2017-09-11 at 0:20 PM, DarthMelvin said:

GLOW is actually funny

I found GLOW to fall short on its potential. It actually reminded me of Bojack Horseman, season 1. In that it had tons of promise, but really didn't find its legs.

This was GLOW, to me. Marc Maron's character was the only character that felt like a real person. You got a sense of where he was coming from, why he took the job, and where he wanted to go in the future. 

Unfortunately, the women were not written well at all. Even Alison Brie's character. They weren't written particularly deep. All of the women in the show would have gone through many different emotions, both personally and professionally to get to the point where they decided to become female wrestlers, during a time when it was unheard of. After watching it, I still knew nothing about the characters. They were completely hallow and 1 dimensional. Aside from Maron's character, that is.

However, like I said, has lots of potential. So perhaps they'll correct it in season 2.

Sci-Fi:

Black Mirror

3%

Dramas

Dr Foster - wife starts to lose it after finding out husband is cheating. Dinner table scene is very uncomfortable.

Gypsy - psychiatrist (Naomi Watts) gets a little to close to her patients

foreign

Fauda - Israeli-Palestine cycle of violence (think Homeland)

Berlin Syndrome - backpacker held hostage

Western

Hell or high water

bone tomahawk

Archived