The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

14 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Really? Isles went on a run and barely missed the playoffs after replacing their useless coach. Jets missed by a wide margin, and then gave theirs an extension.

Eh, Isles are in the hardest division in hockey, have Greiss as a starting goalie, And lost their best defender (I think so at least - to me, Ham supported their whole backend). They also got eberle and Ho-sang looks great.

Jets have a ridiculous top 6, were 9th in the west with Ondrej Pavelec as a starting goalie (Mason's league average is a huge upgrade), and have a core that is of an age where they are all getting significantly better.

TBH, its a total tossup. I don't know who's more likely - they both have a decent shot.

4 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Eh, Isles are in the hardest division in hockey, have Greiss as a starting goalie, And lost their best defender (I think so at least - to me, Ham supported their whole backend). They also got eberle and Ho-sang looks great.

Jets have a ridiculous top 6, were 9th in the west with Ondrej Pavelec as a starting goalie (Mason's league average is a huge upgrade), and have a core that is of an age where they are all getting significantly better.

TBH, its a total tossup. I don't know who's more likely - they both have a decent shot.

oh, this could get good.

DKJhx9l.gif

Once healthy, Los Angeles will be back in the race. Namestnikov, Quick have scorched their way to hot starts. The rest of our team will eventually heat up and we'll find ourselves back in the picture. We're currently playing the waiting game missing a few of our key regulars and now Martin is hurt. We really need a few of our players to step up and having potentially Hornqvist as early as tomorrow will help our cause. The way our division is going tho, it looks like we could file for a relocation too? ;) But we'll definitely claw our way back into it. We won't give up 

55 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

small.png  To CBJ: Ondrej Kase, Shane Gersich, 2018 LAK 5th

small.png  To SJS: Andrew Shaw

Columbus thanks @pmalina for the straightforward negotiations.

Shaw was a very valuable player for us. Produced very well, played all 3 forward positions, and almost never injured. He also has a history of having some beast-like playoff runs. But this deal allows us to shed some cap, diversify our roster a bit (since we have another Canadien, but didn't have a Duck), and have some trading chips to work with.

We welcome Kase to the team. He's had a great start to the season - we're hoping that it can continue.

Archived