The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hugh Hefner Dead at 91....Died Smiling

Warhippy

3 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

He did a lot of good things socially....interviews with Martin Luther King.....Malcom X...closed racist Playboy clubs.......but he also did more bad things which override all the good he did.

He did not personally interview Martin Luther King.  All of the articles and interviews for Playboy Magazine were done by his staff.  What's more, Playboy Magazine was not the only media that did interviews with Martin Luther King.  The world's top journalists and authors interviewed MLK in the 1960's.

So what is his legacy?   The media sure is giving him credit for a lot of things which I don't think he deserves.   Basically, Hefner was a smart businessman who was able to bring nudity to the masses the same way Elvis was able to bring rock and roll to the mainstream that black musicians could not do in the 1950's.  

Nuidty, naked pictures of women in magazines was around long before Hefner.  They were poorly produced and of low quality and came in brown wrapped paper.   Hefner brought it all into the mainstream.

The claim that Hefner helped along women's rights by championing abortion rights and empowering women to leave the home and go to work is really bogus.   Those things were going to happen with or without him.   Women didn't really need him to turn them into sexual objects.

Hefner's skill was in making money and that he did really well.  He was at the right time and the right place in the social movements of the mid-20th century.

47 minutes ago, DonLever said:

He did not personally interview Martin Luther King.  All of the articles and interviews for Playboy Magazine were done by his staff.  What's more, Playboy Magazine was not the only media that did interviews with Martin Luther King.  The world's top journalists and authors interviewed MLK in the 1960's.

So what is his legacy?   The media sure is giving him credit for a lot of things which I don't think he deserves.   Basically, Hefner was a smart businessman who was able to bring nudity to the masses the same way Elvis was able to bring rock and roll to the mainstream that black musicians could not do in the 1950's.  

Nudity, naked pictures of women in magazines was around long before Hefner.  They were poorly produced and of low quality and came in brown wrapped paper.   Hefner brought it all into the mainstream.

The claim that Hefner helped along women's rights by championing abortion rights and empowering women to leave the home and go to work is really bogus.   Those things were going to happen with or without him.   Women didn't really need him to turn them into sexual objects.

Hefner's skill was in making money and that he did really well.  He was at the right time and the right place in the social movements of the mid-20th century.

Did I say he interviewed them?

Did I say he helped women's right?

I grew up in the 60's.......but tell me about how naked pictures were around long before Hefner

On 9/28/2017 at 4:12 PM, canuktravella said:

the guy was a gross misogynist  and pretty close to being a pedo  all through the sixties banging 19 yr olds hell his last wife is 31 wasnt he like 90 something thats nasty  not sure why people think hes a good guy gross 

Don't let your jelousy consume you.

Archived