The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

It has been brought to my attention that my wording may have confused people. I am not looking to deal Tavares because he won't sign and is walking. That's not the case. Just looking to flip him to a good non rebuilding home. Or a rebuild much closer and better off then mine arm. Have a rough idea of his salary demands too.

Los Angeles Kings would like to congratulate goaltender Casey DeSmith on his first NHL win! (I checked - even though it was against the Sabres, it still counts.) Unfortunately, we didn't have him called up.

With Korpisalo, Rittich, and now DeSmith all getting starts (and, more often than not, wins), and Crawford likely done for the season, we are considering moving one of the young guys to get a starter...

9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To STL: John Tavares, Nathan Walker, Radim Simek, 2018 MTL 4th

To NJD: Timo Meier, Olli Juolevi, Jakub Zboril

Thanks to @Mr. Miyagi for the relatively quick trade! Tough to move several prospects during my rebuild, but the chance to land Tavares was too good to pass up. With lots of good D prospects in St. Louis, we could afford to move a couple and though I expect them to have good careers moving forward, the move was needed to land a franchise C. 

On to negotiations!

Updated St. Louis Blues Roster

Bold = current playoff players

Underline = looking to trade

Dadonov - Tavares - Voracek

Acciari - Krejci - Kreider

Dzingel - Cousins - Frk

Fast - Malgin - Sceviour

Ward/Sanford

Phaneuf - Bortuzzo

Gorges - Nutivaara

Carlsson - Olofsson

Lehner 
Budaj

10 hours ago, Master Mind said:We have a trade to announce...

To STL: John Tavares, Nathan Walker, Radim Simek, 2018 MTL 4th

To NJD: Timo Meier, Olli Juolevi, Jakub Zboril

Thanks to @inane for quick and painless negotiations. Many people tend to see this as I got robbed, but when I Dealt for Tavares I figured he would be easier to move as he lacked the Clause to restrict where I could move him. Turns out I was right as there was lots of interest. As for the "me getting fleeced", I'm getting back 3 guys chosen in the 1st round. Though Dmen, they have the potential to be top pairing at best, but likely top 4 guys. I have made it no secret we are heading in a future direction and this deal does so. I have plenty other assets to acquire forward prospect or 1st. Thanks MM for processing. Good luck to John, Nathan and Radim. Very big welcome to Olli, Timo and Jakub.

New Jersey Sends Down Jaycob Megna (No Waivers)

New Jersey Recalls Dillon Heatherington

@Nail

Alex Ovechkin 

-1st, NHL ready prospect or young roster player

Riley Sheahan

- 3rd, prospect

Melker Karlsson

- 3rd, prospect

Michael Grabner

- late 1st/early 2nd/Young Forward

Jeff Carter

1st, Prospect

Nikita Zaitsev

-2nd, Prospect 

Craig Anderson

-pick/younger goalie

Brian Dumoulin

- 3rd/Defenseman

These prices are not set in stone by any means! Lots of great value there. A coupe of those names could have new addresses by weekends end so get em while you still can. Help for any team looking at or trying to squeak in to playoffs 

images.png.be425b1655bf0c31943a387579e58fe3.png

ANNOUNCEMENT

Fellow Gm's. It bring me great pleasure and great happiness to bring you this news today. Tampa Bay has decided to broaden it's hockey smarts horizon. We are pleased to announce that we have hired @canucklax as our new AGM, effective immediately. 

For those of you who don't know lax, he most recently joined the fantasy pool spectrum a couple months ago. Though he has been around these parts for a while, lax brings another element of hockey smarts to this team. He is a great guy to talk to and bounce ideas off of and the moment he showed interest in FL I was sure to out pen to paper. I ask that you include him in all trade discussions. I have given him reign to start conversations with teams as Well, but have made it clear that we both need to sign off on deals. 

I'm excited to see what we can do as he brings a background in scouting and rebuild ;) it will be exciting to add that to a team that at the moment is fighting for the division lead.

Again a big welcome to @canucklax!

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

1DE3BCE6-921D-48DC-8BE2-3233A6CD9193.jpeg

The Los Angeles Kings have signed the following players:

Linus Olund: 3 year contract, worth $2.25M ($750k AAV).

Patrik Virta: 2 year contract, worth $1.85M ($925k AAV).

Jeff Glass: 1 year contract, worth $1.75M.

@D-Money

@Nail

Kings are very happy to add Glass to the fold. When it was announced that Crawford would miss the remainder of season, we worked the phones, but couldn't find a deal that made sense. Either the price was extreme, or the contract was a potential issue if Corey ended up coming back before the end of the season. Then we realized that Glass was still available, and it seemed like a perfect fit. To make room for him, Kings send down Korpisalo. @Nail

Virta and Olund are 2 solid forward prospects that we're happy to add to the fold. After promoting and dealing a number of forward prospects (3 sent out in just the Colin Miller trade), we felt the need to shore up there, with guys who were ready to push for a spot within the next couple of years. 

Archived