The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Lack of Toughness and Pushback is Concerning

Junkyard Dog

Add in Gadjovich, Tryamkin with the likes of Virtanen..  Sudden we have a lot more physicality in the lineup.  

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I bet Tryamkin's playing here not only gave him needed confidence, but also made him realize that he's a much better player, when fit.

I really hope he comes back soon.

34 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes, when he was challenged or prodded. Never worried about him defending himself, don't recall him "defending" another player. I also don't think his job should be to take on the scrappers, he was on his way to being way too valuable to be in the penalty box.

He starred them down when stuff happened.  He just didn't want to be a targeted player who was going to draw a lot of penalties. I think he was right and being the pronger type d man in todays game just isn't a good idea.  I think once this team develops a pack penalty when guys stand up for one another we would see a lot of guys especially tryamkin standing up for his teammates.  He was barely here before he left and the team had a lot of veterans back then. add him in now with the likes of burrows and hansen out and the twins starting to take a more passive leadership role I think he would do very well here. Remember he was new to North America and still only like 21 years old at the time.  

He has had sometime in the khl. he has aged, matured, and become a leader/all star in the khl. I can see him making big strides when he comes back. he will be more ready to deal with the big guys of the nhl. plus he is 1 hell of a d man who can actually play the game. he can be a top 3 d man on our team.  easy.

I dunno. Push back doesn't always have to be a physical thing. Case in point, Brock scoring after being smooshed  vs LA the other day. And the Sedins did that type of push back all the time a few years back. Having the team mates around you thinking, "No worries. they'll hurt 'em where it counts... "

Henrik as captain may have been responsible for that team culture. Him still being captain, well....maybe it's rubbed off on the newbies.

Uhhhh.....then a gain, maybe not. I

Go Canucks Go!

i have been saying this all along now the guy who posted this article understands ...i was not saying to go out and get a goon..sure that would be easy..its not easy to mold a skilled tough character team..i think you need the rite mix...boeser is only 20 years old..he will get bigger and tougher..who knows..the kid could turn into .he has the rite character to be really good.i say find a kid in junior a hockey that looks like he will develop into that player.

Archived