The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New York Times Report The Pentagon Had a Program Studying UFO's

DonLever

We are not talking about the National Enquirer but the prestigious NY Times who broke a story about a secret Pentagon program studying UFOs.

The Pentagon admitted to the program which was funded until 2012. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html?action=click&contentCollection=Canada&module=Trending&version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

People should look at the video shot from a fighter jet tracking an unknown object.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it wouldn't be surprising at all if Russia or China or both had much more advanced drone tech than the US, or if this is all bs put out by the US. 

Not to be a complete d-bag (just a partial one), but which body orifice did this uninformed opinion get pulled from?  It would be flat out shocking if Russia and China did. 

China can't even design their own fighter jets.  They had to hack into US computers and steal details on the F-35 and are copying it wholesale, and even still can't properly build it.

Russia had to copy little tiny Iran of all places for it's latest Orion drone.  http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/05/russian-drone-tech-may-include-help-from-iran/

Both places, although mostly Russia, like to make grand announcements and say that they have the latest and greatest US-defeating weapons, but time and again proof never emerges and the claims regularly turn out to be bluster.

American technological superiority is shrinking fast but it still exists.  It's one of the reasons why I was upset when Trump initially ended the "smart person visa".  US public schools aren't pumping out many geniuses so we have to import them.  It's much harder to do if they can't give guarantees of US residency.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Not to be a complete d-bag (just a partial one), but which body orifice did this uninformed opinion get pulled from?  It would be flat out shocking if Russia and China did. 

China can't even design their own fighter jets.  They had to hack into US computers and steal details on the F-35 and are copying it wholesale, and even still can't properly build it.

Russia had to copy little tiny Iran of all places for it's latest Orion drone.  http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/05/russian-drone-tech-may-include-help-from-iran/

Both places, although mostly Russia, like to make grand announcements and say that they have the latest and greatest US-defeating weapons, but time and again proof never emerges and the claims regularly turn out to be bluster.

American technological superiority is shrinking fast but it still exists.  It's one of the reasons why I was upset when Trump initially ended the "smart person visa".  US public schools aren't pumping out many geniuses so we have to import them.  It's much harder to do if they can't give guarantees of US residency.

not to remind you of history... but Russia did beat you guys to most aerospace related achievements. Of course its possible. A lot more possible than if its not the US doing it then it must be aliens :lol:

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

not to remind you of history.. but Russia did beat you guys to most aerospace related achievements. Of course its possible. 

History is the key word there.  That would be like me trumpeting that the US went to the moon first.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

History is the key word there.  That would be like me trumpeting that the US went to the moon first.

I think you might want to actually travel to Russia and China before pronouncing that they couldn't make a drone the US hasn't yet, thats all. People are smart and capable around the world. Sure the US has/had the massive budgets but that isn't evidence of someone else's capabilities or supposed lack of it. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think you might want to actually travel to Russia and China before pronouncing that they couldn't make a drone the US hasn't yet, thats all. People are smart and capable around the world. Sure the US has/had the massive budgets but that isn't evidence of someone else's capabilities or supposed lack of it. 

I can give you links to more articles by people who have studied China's and Russia's capabilities if you'd like.

Me going to either country would be pointless.  I speak neither Russian nor Chinese/Mandarin and going into either an authoritarian or a communist actively seeking information through an interpreter on either country's technology would get me thrown in a foreign prison.

Also, not sure if you caught the end of my initial post where I said...

35 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I can give you links to more articles by people who have studied China's and Russia's capabilities if you'd like.

Me going to either country would be pointless.  I speak neither Russian nor Chinese/Mandarin and going into either an authoritarian or a communist actively seeking information through an interpreter on either country's technology would get me thrown in a foreign prison.

Also, not sure if you caught the end of my initial post where I said...

Look at it this way then, if we make two reasonable assumptions, one that this isn't just a bs story from the US military, and two, its not aliens, then someone built something the US doesn't have yet. Also, China is the worlds largest manufacturer... not sure why you'd think they wouldn't have the technical skill to make a drone. I think if you're going to tell people to pull their head out maybe you should question the  US is "superior" thing? Not sure you can claim the US has true technical superiority in anything anymore. 

9 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

The disbelief in the pilots voice is pretty genuine if you ask me. One of the better pieces oif footage I have ever seen as well.

Pilots have been my most trusted authority on the issue of UFO's. Pilots, whether commercial jetliner or military, are more familiar with aeronautical advancements than the typical person and would be the most likely to recognize something as "foreign to our skies". The evidence is still anecdotal and inconclusive, but the sheer volume of pilot reports on UFO's lends some weight to their side of the story that something 'unidentified' was travelling in the skies with them. 

Pilots of commercial craft (perhaps military as well but definitely commercial) are extremely reluctant to make these reports because in the past they can be career killers. Imagine being worried about stressful backlash of your peers, or even losing your job over such an instance, but also still being convinced that what you saw was inexplicable enough to warrant reporting. How much anecdotal evidence need there be before a scientific examination of said anecdotes can occur? 

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Look at it this way then, if we make two reasonable assumptions, one that this isn't just a bs story from the US military, and two, its not aliens, then someone built something the US doesn't have yet. Also, China is the worlds largest manufacturer... not sure why you'd think they wouldn't have the technical skill to make a drone. I think if you're going to tell people to pull their head out maybe you should question the  US is "superior" thing? Not sure you can claim the US has true technical superiority in anything anymore. 

the US Navy could take on the navy's of the rest of the world combined

44 minutes ago, logic said:

the US Navy could take on the navy's of the rest of the world combined

so? thats a matter of volume, not technical capability specifically. I find it really interesting that people here don't think much of China or Russia's capabilities. Might explain how easily the US has been hacked lately. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so? thats a matter of volume, not technical capability specifically. I find it really interesting that people here don't think much of China or Russia's capabilities. Might explain how easily the US has been hacked lately. 

Prior to WW2 many nations underrated the Japanese because they were short and needed glasses. They revised their opinions after the Japanese Military taught them how to use air power.

Just now, gurn said:

Prior to WW2 many nations underrated the Japanese because they were short and needed glasses. They revised their opinions after the Japanese Military taught them how to use air power.

now that you mention them, it could be Japanese tech too.

Its really interesting, Russia has all kinds of advanced weaponry, a long history of aerospace innovation, the US needs Soyuz rockets to get to space, etc etc and an advanced drone is somehow impossible? I'm making a fuss about it today but its a bit of a surprise to me that they could be so underrated. 

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Lol, war is a matter of volume. 

If Russia and China were really capable of doing something why haven't they by now? the US is a lot smarter than people take them for these days, but then again I feel like they play dumb on purpose a lot of the time. 

Instead of creating their own technology, Russia and China are always competing to fight against what the US is showing off, think of technology they have that nobody knows about. Look at the rail-gun technology they are developing, I doubt China or Russia would be even close.

Also, I wouldn't say I underrate Russia they have a very formidable submarine force, but In my opinion the might/influence of Russia is overrated by the media

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

now that you mention them, it could be Japanese tech too.

Its really interesting, Russia has all kinds of advanced weaponry, a long history of aerospace innovation, the US needs Soyuz rockets to get to space, etc etc and an advanced drone is somehow impossible? I'm making a fuss about it today but its a bit of a surprise to me that they could be so underrated. 

Part of it is victors disease, both Germany and Japan were doing so well at the beginning of their war they felt minimal need to change weapons and tactics. By the time they figured out they should have kept improving their tech they were smothered by the sheer amount of the enemy's  weaponry.

The US imo  suffers from this as well, they have been and still think they are the big dog, and to an extent that is still true; however they are the aging big dog. Challengers are coming that are younger and still growing.

4 minutes ago, logic said:

Lol, war is a matter of volume. 

If Russia and China were really capable of doing something why haven't they by now? the US is a lot smarter than people take them for these days, but then again I feel like they play dumb on purpose a lot of the time. 

Instead of creating their own technology, Russia and China are always competing to fight against what the US is showing off, think of technology they have that nobody knows about. Look at the rail-gun technology they are developing, I doubt China or Russia would be even close.

Also, I wouldn't say I underrate Russia they have a very formidable submarine force, but In my opinion the might/influence of Russia is overrated by the media

we're talking specifically about the capability to build a single advanced drone that could do what's in the video, not winning WWIII.

Looking at the engineering capability of both countries, I see no reason at all to doubt that they could pull it off. But i'm in engineering, so maybe thats why I see it from a different pov. Simply just building it, yes they could easily do something like that. 

Each country has things they do better, the Soyuz rocket is something the US hasn't been able to duplicate e.g. I'm sure China has IP tech that we can't keep up with. 

Archived