The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau more unpopular than popular for the first time since election: survey

tbone909

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I don't want the government to know about the fact I've subscribed to nude midget fornicating websites.  It's all for research purposes for my University PhD thesis but we all know how these things can get all twisted or taken out of context.

Nothing wrong with that...

..as long as it's tastefully done....

1 hour ago, Toews said:

On the other hand I hear that subscription to radical Islamist websites automatically enters you in a draw to win 10.5M.

That's the prize this year....last year it was 40 virgins and a subscription to the Jihadi of the month club....

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well, it is the business of CRA :lol:

so "the gov't" has your info already. I guess to me its not a big deal because of that, its not an original sin. 

The CRA doesn't have your personal banking transactions information. The CRA also is made up of people who can't get jobs anywhere else so what info they do have they probably can't understand it or read it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

The CRA doesn't have your personal banking transactions information. The CRA also is made up of people who can't get jobs anywhere else so what info they do have they probably can't understand it or read it.

they have access to that any time they want it.

Where do you get that idea from? :wacko:

23 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Which competent accountant would work for the cra and make less money?

CRA auditors make good money after a few years, well over 100k with tons of time off. Compared to other accounting gigs its a nice option. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

CRA auditors make good money after a few years, well over 100k with tons of time off. Compared to other accounting gigs its a nice option. 

Next time you see your accountant ask them what their annual income is. Also there is many reviews pointing out how useless cra employees are

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Next time you see your accountant ask them what their annual income is. Also there is many reviews pointing out how useless cra employees are

is that for the people answering the phone or the audit group?

7.5 hours a day, no overtime, 100K+, benefits, holidays.... thats a good option for a certain number of quality people that don't want the grind of the private sector. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:
Canada Revenue Agency Salaries in Canada
Accounting Average Salary
Auditor 15 salaries reported $74,581 per year
Tax Examiner 9 salaries reported $59,500 per year
Senior Auditor 7 salaries reported $84,252 per year
Tax Director 8 salaries 

here's a real current example. This is the starting band, it goes up every year: https://careers-carrieres.cra-arc.gc.ca/gol-ged/wcis/pub/rtrvjbpst.action?pi=3863BB41B6A41ED8B4AED8ED1FC69686

I don't know why I'm arguing this with you :lol: I went to school with some smart people that chose this option in part to have a better family life. Slagging them all is stupid. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is that for the people answering the phone or the audit group?

7.5 hours a day, no overtime, 100K+, benefits, holidays.... thats a good option for a certain number of quality people that don't want the grind of the private sector. 

I will try and find those and re read them. The audit groupd can't be that good considering how many millionaires and billionaires get away with blatantly breaking the law. In fact Canada is one of the worst countries for catching and charging these people/corporations. 

Or is that on our governments?

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

here's a real current example. This is the starting band, it goes up every year: https://careers-carrieres.cra-arc.gc.ca/gol-ged/wcis/pub/rtrvjbpst.action?pi=3863BB41B6A41ED8B4AED8ED1FC69686

I don't know why I'm arguing this with you :lol: I went to school with some smart people that chose this option in part to have a better family life. Slagging them all is stupid. 

Slagging them is not stupid.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I will try and find those and re read them. The audit groupd can't be that good considering how many millionaires and billionaires get away with blatantly breaking the law. In fact Canada is one of the worst countries for catching and charging these people/corporations. 

Or is that on our governments?

completely on our governments. They don't have the will to go after these people. 

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

The CRA can issue a Requirement For Information to your bank, and get all your personal banking transactions.

I remember growing up in Canada when we had this thing called "Remembrance Day" where we would celebrate ALL veterans who had served Canada proudly and fought for the freedoms we all hold dear.   However, in Justin Trudeau's world, that was too exclusionary and more pandering was required and he has decided Canada needs a bunch of different mini-Remembrance Days for each different ethnic group.    How quickly the country that is my birthplace is becoming a shadow of what it was.

• Wat 1