The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Foote & Raddysh

To Vancouver - Kunitz, Foote & Raddysh

To Tampa - Tanev, Vanek, Virtanen & fair pick

We would probably have to Add or change Something but a package that would help add to a Tampa team that is a contender already this year... and maybe with taking Kunitz and eating some more salary we could get something done? 

I also like Cernak as a rugged D coming back, but like most teams fans, they seem to value him highly. They sure do know how to draft and develop. That team could be good for a long time!

Stamkos on a sweetheart deal, Kucherov and the goalie will need new deals in a couple years. But they got the sunshine tax break that seems to be very beneficial in contract negotiations!

Another thing I was thinking with Virtanen is he is a guy that Is still developing and has a higher ceiling then lots of people think.. but at least he is the type of player that could play an effective 3/4 line roll in playoffs right now... that’s got to be worth something 

5 minutes ago, burrows101 said:

Another thing I was thinking with Virtanen is he is a guy that Is still developing and has a higher ceiling then lots of people think.. but at least he is the type of player that could play an effective 3/4 line roll in playoffs right now... that’s got to be worth something 

It is, I wish he was more noticeable in games regardless of what line he is on. I hope he figures it out and gets to be more impactful on a nightly basis and then he can then climb the ranks in the line up. We need him to pan out

10 hours ago, burrows101 said:

To Vancouver - Kunitz, Foote & Raddysh

To Tampa - Tanev, Vanek, Virtanen & fair pick

We would probably have to Add or change Something but a package that would help add to a Tampa team that is a contender already this year... and maybe with taking Kunitz and eating some more salary we could get something done? 

This trade Is a no go. That’s way too much for 2 prospects that haven’t done anything in the NHL yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 5:14 PM, burrows101 said:

I don't necessarily agree with you, as I believe Virtanen just can't "think" the game quick enough most of the time.  (I'll be happy to eat crow if I'm wrong)  Regardless, it's not what you and I think - it's what other GMs think.  And unless they happen to highly regard Virtanen, I would rather keep him and hope he develops into what we wanted when we drafted him as opposed to give him up as a "throw-in" to a package and then see him potentially become something of himself on another team.

I know I'm contradicting my first sentence, but I haven't given up on him.  Naslund didn't excel until he was 22, and I think Virtanen still has a couple of years to show he can continue to improve and be an impact player - even if only in a bottom 6 role. I've seen improvements in his game this season especially, so he *might* just be rounding the corner to success. But at this point, I don't think he would be a key piece to any trade package so we are better off just seeing how he turns out.

Archived