The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

The KM saga is a good indication on why provincial powers should be curtailed. 

I'm as pro pipeline as they come but that is a slippery slope you're suggesting. Sure under this circumstance it would benefit those of us in favour of the pipeline but I certainly don't support taking away power to the provinces, actually I support giving more power to the provinces.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm as pro pipeline as they come but that is a slippery slope you're suggesting. Sure under this circumstance it would benefit those of us in favour of the pipeline but I certainly don't support taking away power to the provinces, actually I support giving more power to the provinces.

Nope, the slippery slope is giving sub-national units enough power to screw around. The only political demarcation that really matters, is nation. Its through the nation we get our rights, our travel permits, commitment to war and peace etc. Rest all exist to help administer the nation. The moment any sub-national unit is deviating from its fundamental role of expediting administration for the national unit, its time to nix its powers. 

VHS Cassettes = pay for email accounts . - camera film - movie rental stores . =  Alberta Bitumen

You will tell your kids about it all some day... but they won't believe you....

Edited by kingofsurrey

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Meanwhile there is a pipeline capacity issue..

Canadian Hero

Catherine Gauthier got sick of hearing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s federal government make bold promises on climate change while investing in oilsands projects such as the Kinder Morgan pipeline that crank up Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions.

Last week, the 29-year-old climate activist from Quebec helped file a lawsuit against the federal government.

Gauthier is executive director of Environnement Jeunesse, an environmental youth group based in Montreal. Last Monday, her group teamed up with the law firm Trudel Johnston & Lespérance and applied to the Superior Court of Quebec to bring a class action lawsuit on behalf of all 

Quebe residents under the age of 35.

The lawsuit “alleges that the Canadian government is infringing on a generation’s fundamental rights.” This is in part because leaders like Trudeau are failing to meet the climate targets Canada agreed to at the Paris climate change talks. A recent UN report, for example, singled out Canada for being nowhere close to its goal of 385 million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent per year — in 2016, its emissions were nearly double that.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2018/12/03/Trudeau-Lawsuit-Climate-Change/