The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Canadian Hero

Catherine Gauthier got sick of hearing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s federal government make bold promises on climate change while investing in oilsands projects such as the Kinder Morgan pipeline that crank up Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions.

Last week, the 29-year-old climate activist from Quebec helped file a lawsuit against the federal government.

Gauthier is executive director of Environnement Jeunesse, an environmental youth group based in Montreal. Last Monday, her group teamed up with the law firm Trudel Johnston & Lespérance and applied to the Superior Court of Quebec to bring a class action lawsuit on behalf of all 

Quebe residents under the age of 35.

The lawsuit “alleges that the Canadian government is infringing on a generation’s fundamental rights.” This is in part because leaders like Trudeau are failing to meet the climate targets Canada agreed to at the Paris climate change talks. A recent UN report, for example, singled out Canada for being nowhere close to its goal of 385 million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent per year — in 2016, its emissions were nearly double that.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2018/12/03/Trudeau-Lawsuit-Climate-Change/

But you constantly praise Trudeau.

Are you hitting the alcohol again tonight?

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

But you constantly praise Trudeau.

Are you hitting the alcohol again tonight?

Celebrating for sure.  Always great news when Canadians step up and oppose big oil and the destruction of our planets climate.

You should be celebrating this lawsuit as well.....

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not a denier I knew all along Trudeau and the liberal government were full of lies. It's unfortunate it took you so long to figure that out.

Politics and politicians in Canada are almost but not quite as dirty as the Tar Sands  oil that is now called Bitumen.......

All are Dirty and  hopefully someday future generations will have a climate that allows for diversity in our CDN natural environment.

You don't know what you have till its gone.....

People-say-you-dont-know-what-you-haveb.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/half-of-b-c-s-chinook-populations-are-endangered-scientists-say-1.4931150

Nearly half of southern British Columbia's chinook salmon populations are in decline, according to a science committee that monitors the health of wildlife populations.

The Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada (COSEWIC) reported Monday that of 16 chinook populations studied, eight are endangered, four are threatened and one is considered of special concern.

56 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Politics and politicians in Canada are almost but not quite as dirty as the Tar Sands  oil that is now called Bitumen.......

All are Dirty and  hopefully someday future generations will have a climate that allows for diversity in our CDN natural environment.

You don't know what you have till its gone.....

People-say-you-dont-know-what-you-haveb.

Trudeau has diversified the canadian economy $12hr to clip weed in langley.

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2018 at 1:06 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Canada's future?  The Frenchies are still upset over high fuel costs spurred on by Macron's inability to lead properly and getting angrier by the weekend.

It looks like croissants surrendered again, if they ever get invaded they will fold like a cheap tent.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46460445 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

A question I have a hard time figuring out. :huh:

Why are Alberta/Oil Companies, still producing 200,000 barrels a day more than they can ship ??

Driving the price/barrel down to virtually worthless, because the reserve tanks are full

I don't think you need a degree in business to know that is not sustainable.

Inadequate pipeline capacity and lack of rail tank cars and locomotives to move it to market  is a product of producing more than can be delivered.

Nothing different has changed, The capacity of pipelines has been the same for decades and the rail line capacity has not increased ,

the only thing that has changed is increased production to 200K barrels/day more than can be moved

Edited by Mackcanuck

23 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Why are Alberta/Oil Companies, still producing 200,000 barrels a day more than they can ship ??

Driving the price/barrel down to virtually worthless, because the reserve tanks are full

Inadequate pipeline capacity and lack of rail tank cars and locomotives to move it to market  is a product of producing more than can be delivered.

Nothing different has changed, The capacity of pipelines has been the same for decades and the rail line capacity has not increased ,

the only thing that has changed is increased production to 200K barrels/day more than can be moved

Gee I wonder maybe it's people like you that stand in the way of Canada's prosperity by opposing increased production ideas.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Gee I wonder maybe it's people like you that stand in the way of Canada's prosperity by opposing increased production ideas.

I am not standing in front of anything. I have a question

Keeping producing and oversupplying is obviously not prosperous.

Obviously you don't have an answer for the question  I have put forward

43 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

I am not standing in front of anything. I have a question

Keeping producing and oversupplying is obviously not prosperous.

Obviously you don't have an answer for the question  I have put forward

Projects are planned 5 years in advance at least. There was supposed to be lots of pipeline capacity available for the oil so multi billions were invested. 400000 barrels came online all at once at Teck Comincos new Fort Hills project then  american refineries in the North shut down like never before to make things worse. 

Now Canada needs to shut down production so other countries can take our market share because they can get their oil to operating refineries and we cant. Notley ordered a 9% production cut. Sad day for Canada. Celebrations for all other oil producers.

Edited by Aguila
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Because it can be stored. Ideally it will be sold at a better price when markets can be expanded. The thought is the markets will eventually be expanded. So the companies will continue to produce. By continuing production they also keep employment more stable. Start and stop is terrible for business.