The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

7 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

I am starting to wonder of some of you anti oil folk are sure of what exactly is the use of oil. While I can agree the need to reduce "emissions" we still need oil. Unless you want to keep chatting about this on cave wall drawings. 

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I wonder if some of you pro oil folk even care about global warming and dirty tar sands contribution to climate change. 

I think the present-day solution lies somewhere in the middle. Humanity needs to move away from the use and dependency on fossil fuels, but it won't (nor should it) be done with haste. 

There has to be a steady and methodical transition that slowly works societies out of the dependency on oil for fuels and plastics. It's not realistically possible to do in less than five years. 

That being said, continuing to rely on fossil fuel for generations will bring about an extinction event eventually. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Trade wars are never a good thing.

But protecting the earth from global warming has to be our first priority.

The more dirty bitumen that stays in the ground the better......

There will be more than a trade war. The country is finished unless oil flows. Alberta and Saskatchewan will leave. Consequences will not matter.

Edited by slippers

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I see you don't care about Global warming.  Good talk. 

King, we need crude oil.  It’s truly the blood of our economy.  We don’t live the comfortable lives we do now without crude oil.  Yes, the burning of fossil fuels, their extraction, and their refining contribute to climate change.  Yes it’s causing coming climatic disasters.  To stop using crude oil, or even reduce our current use, would cause the collapse of our world economy.  Pretty much we are screwed.  Except one kills us fast, and the other kills us slow.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

King, we need crude oil.  It’s truly the blood of our economy.  We don’t live the comfortable lives we do now without crude oil.  Yes, the burning of fossil fuels, their extraction, and their refining contribute to climate change.  Yes it’s causing coming climatic disasters.  To stop using crude oil, or even reduce our current use, would cause the collapse of our world economy.  Pretty much we are screwed.  Except one kills us fast, and the other kills us slow.  

I disagree somewhat. As far as ways of fueling engines, I'm all for renewables. However though the rest I agree. What has become pretty much sociably mandatory for our everyday lives crude oil is here to stay. Also a small part of me may believe the powers that be will not allow us to move on from using gas and diesel cuz, well, money.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Trade wars are never a good thing.

But protecting the earth from global warming has to be our first priority.

The more dirty bitumen that stays in the ground the better......

Look, I like you but obviously you know we staunchly disagree on this situation. I can appreciate your passion KOS but you will never change my mind especially since it would hurt my family. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Look, I like you but obviously you know we staunchly disagree on this situation. I can appreciate your passion KOS but you will never change my mind especially since it would hurt my family. 

Long term vs short term.

Just now, MikeyBoy44 said:

And put me out of a job :(

I hear ya. Certain people have no idea of the oil industry. The trickle down effect is huge for Canadians. Many B.C manufacturing plants would be out of business if these people got their ways. Finally, do these people really want to support Arabia, Venezuela and others rather than support our great Country?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Whoa, whoa easy pal. :P

Jt said for us to not make money and and leave that in the ground is irresponsible. I agree.

Well, I did say "doing well here", and by "here"......I mean the pipeline issues. lol

Edited by slippers
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I totally understand that. Family always come first.   I am lucky i don't have to make those decisions.

I am not here to judge anyone.   Oil production clearly benefits many families.

Hopefully some day when society really starts to switch over to green energy the CDN government will subsidize oil industry workers retraining .

I imagine this may be in 20 years or more away though....

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I hear ya. Certain people have no idea of the oil industry. The trickle down effect is huge for Canadians. Many B.C manufacturing plants would be out of business if these people got their ways. Finally, do these people really want to support Arabia, Venezuela and others rather than support our great Country?

Oh i hear you. Many lower mainland welding  / fabrication shops do huge dollars on Alberta tar sands equipment.

I have visited many of them through my work.  Tycrop  out in Chilliwack does some amazing work on oil sands equip.

A slow down in crude production will hurt all provinces, no doubt. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Like 1

Ryan

Ever come across one of these....

Made in the Whack - Chilliwack i believe for the oil industry..

Is it called a Viper ?

Deleted photo.  I don't want to promote Tycrop / Propel's products. 

Edited by kingofsurrey