The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Coyotes | 25.02.2018 - 6:30 PM PST - SNP | Dahlin Bowl I - The Lamest Show on Turf

Brad Marchand

8 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

why am I the racist? because its so unfathomable to you that other races can be racist as well, not just white people? I have been to that place I know when I am being discriminated against. 

let's see...there's little India, little Italy, China town, lebanon, Surrey....I think everyone can be racist....that's why they live together because they are of the same race. If that is not racism, then I do not know what is....

16 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

As much as I love seeing the yutes play well I’m not sure there’s a man on the roster I want to see succeed more than Erik Gudbranson. Just to stick it to the smug analytics geeks. Then again, the Arizona Coyotes are doing a pretty good job of that already. 

Same here, Sean. Gudbranson seems like a really great teammate who wants to be here and help the team get better and be less passive. 

The smug attitude of the analytics only geeks is part and parcel of the fact that analytics will never hold the same baseline of accuracy as it does with baseball. Positionally baseball is so static that analytics is really foolproof. 

Hockey has so many variables that can't be tracked as accurately, but bring this up to an analytics only type, and they'll resort to all sorts of derision to prove their point. It's a faulty science for hockey. 

7 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

here is my experience with bobs subs in Richmond. me and the 2 guys I am working with walk in there on our lunch break. a group of Asian people walk in behind us. the owner who also happens to be Asian completely ignores us and serves the Asian group first even though they came in after. after that we still order, then an second Asian group comes in, needless to say all the Asian people got served first despite the fact they came in after us. when we paid the guys wife slammed the change on the counter instead of handing it to us and gave us dirty looks. so Bob's subs in Richmond...... yeah I don't recommend it.

But were the subs good?

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same here, Sean. Gudbranson seems like a really great teammate who wants to be here and help the team get better and be less passive. 

The smug attitude of the analytics only geeks is part and parcel of the fact that analytics will never hold the same baseline of accuracy as it does with baseball. Positionally baseball is so static that analytics is really foolproof. 

Hockey has so many variables that can't be tracked as accurately, but bring this up to an analytics only type, and they'll resort to all sorts of derision to prove their point. It's a faulty science for hockey. 

I hope Dmitri Filipovic steps too close to a lit cigarette and his hair catches on fire. 

3 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Thanks...:D   I checked out their website and saw there's a few stores in my area, including Fresh St., which is my fave sourdough.....sometimes it's still warm  :P  and I rush home and slather butter on it  mmmmmmm

Warm bread of any kind with butter is yummy :) 

Archived