The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks - Leafs(Proposal)

On ‎2018‎年‎4‎月‎27‎日 at 4:36 PM, CanadianRugby said:

Yeah let's ignore the 82 regular season games because he was awful in game 7.  Which player isn't a bum by those measures.  Canucks set NHL record for fewest goals scored in a 7 game series in 2011, I guess team was bunch of bums.  

Not ignoring anything. Mr Tanev demands a mighty premium!

On 4/20/2018 at 4:08 PM, Sundstrom17 said:

I don`t think Toronto would give up Gardiner.... And unless they are going to give up Liljegren, Timothy then...

As much as I like getting and thinking of ways to get new prospects and picks... Jimmy said it.

I think they are more likely to move Gardiner than Liljegren or Dermott. 

Leafs nation hates Gardiner. News is filed with what they should do with him. 

They already have a 50 point dman in Reilly, and Dermott has potential to get there as well. None of their guys can shut down opponents. Their best defensive dmen are Polak (slowest player in the league) and Carrick (young version of Biega). 

Vancouver seems to have the opposite problem. None of our Dmen can put up points, but we have a few shutdown guys like Edler and Gudbranson, outside of Tanev.

To Vancouver
Jake Gardiner

To Toronto 
Chris Tanev

They are around the same cap hit and close to the same age. Tanev has a little more term, but Jake's contract gives us flexibility to either lock him up or trade him at the deadline. Tanev doesn't seem to have any issue coming home to play in Toronto (I have a close mutual friend). 

My worry is that Jake comes to Vancouver and his production drops 60% and Tanev is the defensive beast that puts Toronto over the top. We would never hear the end of it lol. 

Just now, canucklehead44 said:

They already have a 50 point dman in Reilly, and Dermott has potential to get there as well. None of their guys can shut down opponents. Their best defensive dmen are Polak (slowest player in the league) and Carrick (young version of Biega). 

Vancouver seems to have the opposite problem. None of our Dmen can put up points, but we have a few shutdown guys like Edler and Gudbranson, outside of Tanev.

To Vancouver
Jake Gardiner

To Toronto 
Chris Tanev

They are around the same cap hit and close to the same age. Tanev has a little more term, but Jake's contract gives us flexibility to either lock him up or trade him at the deadline. Tanev doesn't seem to have any issue coming home to play in Toronto (I have a close mutual friend). 

My worry is that Jake comes to Vancouver and his production drops 60% and Tanev is the defensive beast that puts Toronto over the top. We would never hear the end of it lol. 

This exact trade was proposed to John Shannon.  He laughed.  He said Tanev plays hockey the right way.  Gardiner does not.  We don’t want guys who play like Gardiner, especially with so many young guys coming up.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This exact trade was proposed to John Shannon.  He laughed.  He said Tanev plays hockey the right way.  Gardiner does not.  We don’t want guys who play like Gardiner, especially with so many young guys coming up.  

Gardiner makes a lot of mistakes, but he does a lot of things well. Gardiner in Tanev out won't make us a better team, but it will help make the hockey a bit more exciting and help our young forward generate more offense

5 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Gardiner makes a lot of mistakes, but he does a lot of things well. Gardiner in Tanev out won't make us a better team, but it will help make the hockey a bit more exciting and help our young forward generate more offense

Gardiner doesn’t play the right way though.  He never takes hits to make plays.  He’s soft on and off pucks.  We don’t want our young players influenced by him.  Tanev plays the game the right way.  He takes contact to make plays.  He’s an excellent player.

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

To Vancouver
Jake Gardiner

To Toronto 
Chris Tanev

No way. Wouldn't touch this with a 10 ft pole.

Deal CT elsewhere. If no 1st is available, keep him & re-sign.

I certainly wouldn't give up Tanev for Garner straight across.  But I do think that Garner is enemy #1 in Toronto right now and could be had for a lower stock value.  Dermott is coming up - they don't need him.  But they DO need a guy like Tanev.

I'd be willing to make that trade, but we'd gotta get more. We badly need scoring from our back end; he's still relatively young and this his point totals are still climbing.

Tanev + Gaunce/Granlund/Hutton/Gagne for Gardiner + Liljegren + Matt Martin

Gives up even more, but let's face it - these are our spare parts.  All quality players but not needed on our team.  They can take their pick but I don't think it would be Hutton with his cap hit.

Martin is slow but he does bring a much needed physical element short term.  We get a top prospect and a guy who has deficiencies but is still gaining traction and would bring scoring at a low stock value.

7 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I certainly wouldn't give up Tanev for Garner straight across.  But I do think that Garner is enemy #1 in Toronto right now and could be had for a lower stock value.  Dermott is coming up - they don't need him.  But they DO need a guy like Tanev.

I'd be willing to make that trade, but we'd gotta get more. We badly need scoring from our back end; he's still relatively young and this his point totals are still climbing.

Tanev + Gaunce/Granlund/Hutton/Gagne for Gardiner + Liljegren + Matt Martin

Gives up even more, but let's face it - these are our spare parts.  All quality players but not needed on our team.  They can take their pick but I don't think it would be Hutton with his cap hit.

Martin is slow but he does bring a much needed physical element short term.  We get a top prospect and a guy who has deficiencies but is still gaining traction and would bring scoring at a low stock value.

That ain't too shabby. Would probably choose their 2019 1st over Lilly. Or is that kid the real deal?

55 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

That ain't too shabby. Would probably choose their 2019 1st over Lilly. Or is that kid the real deal?

Honestly, no idea.  All I know is he is fast and skilled.  Adding an asset like that who is almost NHL ready is exactly what we need.  Id stick with him, personally.  Entirely subjective.

Archived