The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks - Leafs(Proposal)

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Other than the first, why would the Canucks do this should be the question.  

Ya..don't even WANT lousy Gardiner, Alf..just balancin cap-books. Prob flog that guy for a 2nd.

Tanev helps them make Rielly a star.

THAT comes at a price!  You pony $$$ up, or we KEEP CT 'til his late 30's!

On ‎2018‎年‎4‎月‎21‎日 at 5:53 AM, HockeydownUnder said:

I would say the leafs defense is better than the Canucks. Rielly played like a true #1 dman over the regular season and Gardiner has been really good in a sheltered role. Between them and Dermott, that is an awesome left side.

The right side of the leafs is pretty meh. Zaitsev is particularly bad. Signed for 6 more years at 4.5, while looking like a fool on a regular basis. Glad we don't have any bad contracts like that on defense. Still, defense wise, Leafs > Canucks

On ‎2018‎年‎4‎月‎23‎日 at 12:10 PM, wildcam said:

Trade will never happen...lol.lol  Really 

Garddiner 50 points plus, !st rounder and  kapanen 21 -top prospect,

For tanev hurt all the time value down, Pouliot # 6 in Toronto, Grandlund 4th liner in Toronto, Gaunce might not make team...

This is a very one sided trade, I like it for Vancouver but its not realistic at all...

Tanev with his last 2 seasons value down... I say we would be lucky to get Durmott 20 D- very good young player and 2nd rd pick.. or 

Liligrin and 3rd pick..

We Canuck fans always think are players are worth more..Managers are not stupid, Durmott 20 would be a great addition along with a 2nd round pick..

On ‎2018‎年‎4‎月‎24‎日 at 12:47 PM, CanadianRugby said:

Pouliot & Granlund might not make the Leafs roster.  Gardiner with 7, had more goals than Gudbranson, Tanev, Stetcher, Biega & Hutton combined.  He's scored 30+ points in every healthy season except for one. 

You guys can see in this game #7, Gardiner is a bum! (-4!)

The original deal is the least we should accept.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Gardiner never had a good series okay??????  HOW ABOUT THE REST OF THERE DEFENCE ONLY 1 GOAL IN 7 GAMES????

DON'T JUST BLAME GARDNIER...YES 1 GOAL FROM THERE D MEN AND IT WAS ROOKIE DERMOTT..

DERMOTT IS THE D MAN I WANT FROM THE LEAFS..

LEAFS ONLY HAD 24 SHOTS TO BOSTON 37..

ANDERSON STOLE GAME 5-6.. LEAFS WERE OUTMATCHED  ...CAN'T BLAME JUST GARDINER?

MATHEWS  7GP----- 2 PTS

Laaaaaaawl at everyone laughing at this proposal gardnier is average 4-5 defence and got exposed playing as 3rd defencemen and kapanen is nothing but third liner 4th liner penanlty killer Toronto needs defense bad get next level and I wouldn't touch Gardnier but I'll walk away with 1st kapanen to draft Bouchard and Wilde 

24 minutes ago, wildcam said:

TOR --- TANEV - GRANDLUND

VAN -  2019 1ST RD PICK - (  DERMOTT  - 20 YRS OLD.. ) 4TH RD PICK 2020

TANEV VALUE NOT AS HIGH AS CANUCK FANS WANT...

I'd prob even take this! Would love to go into out home-draft with at least two 1st's.

Leafers might wilt under the pressure, next season too.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'd prob even take this! Would love to go into out home-draft with at least two 1st's.

Leafers might wilt under the pressure, next season too.

I agree leafs need two steady D men with Rielly and Gardiner..

Leaf knew this after last years playoffs... GM change will be announced Lamoriello is moving to a new role..

Lamoriello should get heat for not changing this defence last summer...

Leafs really need Tanev..

They better go and acquire Tanev and another steady D man...

31 minutes ago, wildcam said:

TOR --- TANEV - GRANDLUND

VAN -  2019 1ST RD PICK - (  DERMOTT  - 20 YRS OLD.. ) 4TH RD PICK 2020

TANEV VALUE NOT AS HIGH AS CANUCK FANS WANT...

Dermott doesn't really fit a need here - (and he's not worth Granlund one for one in any event).

We have Eder, Del Zotto, Juolevi, Pouliot, Hutton...not only do we not need Dermott, but we could stand to move a LHD.

Ironically, Toronto at the very least should have added a bargain depth acquisition like Hutton at the deadline - chances are he would have fared better than the overexposed rookie Dermott did in the playoffs.

Tanev is worth more than a late 1st and B prospect (and your B prospect isn't worth Granlund).

So, essentially you're proposing Tanev for a 24th ish overall pick.

A pick in that range comes with about 25-30% odds of becoming an average NHLer.

Horrible deal for us.

Tanev is worth far more than you realize.

11 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Claude Giroux. -10. What a bum.

Do you realize how stupid your argument just became? 

Your proposal was a joke. Fans of 30 teams would understand how lopsided this proposal is. The majority of the 31st team would see it as well.

Gardiner is getting ripped apart by the media today.  (Granted, he had a brutal outing).

He has the skills to put up 45 points a season, and that's WAY better than we are used to.  Edler had the best season in years and still managed only 34 points.  I think the left side of:
Gardiner

Edler

MDZ

...gives us at least some better scoring from back there.  Then, next year we target OEL. We might not have a true elite #1 d after that, but between Gardiner and OEL we should have sufficient blueline scoring finally.  Then trade MDZ and re-sign Edler for 2.5m for 2 years, with Juolevi taking the last left spot on the left.

1 hour ago, HockeydownUnder said:

Claude Giroux. -10. What a bum.

Do you realize how stupid your argument just became? 

Your proposal was a joke. Fans of 30 teams would understand how lopsided this proposal is. The majority of the 31st team would see it as well.

Giroux was a minus 10 playing head to head against Crosby.  Against Crosby, yes, Giroux is a bum, but most guys would be.

Gardiner is a very soft player.  He does have offence though.  Personally, I would keep Tanev and Granlund.  They play the game the right way.  Gardiner, although skilled, does not.  (And I like Jake Gardiner)

Gardiner is to the Leafs what Edler was to us 3 of the last 4 years. Prior to this season. Gardiner could probably play pretty well next to someone that can clean up his mess. Good for 35-40 points. I wouldn't want him unless we had Tanev to babysit him. Lol. Leafs probably want to keep him too. Reilly, Gardiner, Dermott left side is pretty solid. They just need some quality top 4 righties to play alongside their more offensive minded lefties. Carlson this offseason maybe?

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Giroux was a minus 10 playing head to head against Crosby.  Against Crosby, yes, Giroux is a bum, but most guys would be.

Gardiner is a very soft player.  He does have offence though.  Personally, I would keep Tanev and Granlund.  They play the game the right way.  Gardiner, although skilled, does not.  (And I like Jake Gardiner)

Yeah I can agree on that. Gardiner is strictly an offensive player. Great in a sheltered role. He would get exposed badly in Vancouver. Tanev keeps us from getting lit up every night.

Gardiner was actually -5 in that last game. The leaf defense was terrible overall throughout the series.

Matthews managed 1 goal and 1 assist. Kadri had the bad hit that took him out for 3 games It was a poor performance from Toronto overall.

Anderson is the only reason that series didn't end in 5 games

1 minute ago, HockeydownUnder said:

Yeah I can agree on that. Gardiner is strictly an offensive player. Great in a sheltered role. He would get exposed badly in Vancouver. Tanev keeps us from getting lit up every night.

Gardiner was actually -5 in that last game. The leaf defense was terrible overall throughout the series.

Matthews managed 1 goal and 1 assist. Kadri had the bad hit that took him out for 3 games It was a poor performance from Toronto overall.

Anderson is the only reason that series didn't end in 5 games

I thought Anderson played great.  I liked Marleau and Marner too.  

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎25 at 7:16 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yeah let's ignore the 82 regular season games because he was awful in game 7.  Which player isn't a bum by those measures.  Canucks set NHL record for fewest goals scored in a 7 game series in 2011, I guess team was bunch of bums.  

Archived