The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lou Lamoriello will not return as Leafs GM

Hopefully Dubas gets the keys to the franchise.  We've seen what happens in Florida and Arizona when the analytics weenies take control.

These guys are good for providing information but the real decisions should be made by the hockey people.

14 hours ago, smokes said:

My prediction is that Ron Francis is going to be the new Leaf's GM. 

I think he would be a great option for them.  It could be a bit of a perfect storm.

I have to wonder how much the decision to move on from LouLam has to do with his obvious differences with Babcock - who if they'd listened to, they may have had more success in the present window - that was only half opened.

I'd like to see Francis there - I might actually be able to start appreciating that franchise (just need to get rid of the uber-over-rated Shanahan, ignore the entire Eastern media, and listen to all the games on mute lol).

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

I think he would be a great option for them.  It could be a bit of a perfect storm.

I have to wonder how much the decision to move on from LouLam has to do with his obvious differences with Babcock - who if they'd listened to, they may have had more success in the present window - that was only half opened.

I'd like to see Francis there - I might actually be able to start appreciating that franchise (just need to get rid of the uber-over-rated Shanahan, ignore the entire Eastern media, and listen to all the games on mute lol).

I loved Shanny as a player. One of my favourites. But I wish the Leafs would fire him and then I won't have to hear the word Shanaplan again. 

Would be interesting to know who had final hammer on decisions on trades. Did Babcock lose it on someone after the playoffs for the lack of d help? If they keep Dubas as a GM and with his love of analytics do they go after Tanev. Tanev the analytic star.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:04 AM, oldnews said:

I think the Babcock thing is one of the main reasons why he wasn't unsigned. After the amount of years he has been behind a GM seat, I don't think he would necessarily be under the control of Babcock.  Where as if Francis comes over he is someone who would talk and listen to Babcock a little more.

I not too bothered Shanahan. At the end of the day they are much better position now than what they were before Shanny came over. 

I don't have too much of a gripe against Toronto anymore. I used to, hated the Leafs but as the years that no Canadian team has won.  At this moment, I'm rooting for all the Canadian teams. 

Archived