2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

We get their second as well.

We would have picks:

Pick 11 (Round 1)

Pick 12 (Round 1)

Pick 37 (Round 2)

Pick 41 (Round 2)

Pick 68 (Round 3)

All in the first three rounds.  Plus we have roster pieces such as Sven Baertschi and Ben Hutton believed to be on the block. Toss in 2-3 more picks in those rounds if we don't get roster pieces back. Hard to say no to that.

Goldobin + Hutton  to  Detroit for 2018 - 1st (29 OA) 

Baertschi  to  Edmonton for Lucic (1 million retained) + 2018 - 2nd (40 OA) + 2018 3rd (73rd OA)

Lucic  (2 million retained)  to  NYI for 2018 - 2nd (43 OA) + 2018 3rd (72 OA)

Pick 11 (round 1)................................................................................................................Veleno/Smith/Wilde/Kotkamiemi

Pick 12 (round 1) + Lockwood + McEneny for Pick 8 (Chicago)........................................ Dobson/Bouchard/Walhstrom

Pick 29 (round 1).................................................................................................................Woo/Bokk/K'Andre Miller/Samuelsson

Pick 37 (round 2) + Pick 73 (round 3) for Pick 34 (round 2)................................................Ginning/McIsaac/Alexeyev/Wise

Pick 40 (round 2).................................................................................................................Anderson/Bernard-Docker

Pick 41 (round 2).................................................................................................................BPA

Pick 43 (round 2).................................................................................................................Bahl/Marchenko/Best Goaltender

Pick 69 (round 3).................................................................................................................Best Goaltender/BPA

Pick 72 (round 3).................................................................................................................BPA

Pick 73 (round 3)

Total Cost..................Savings of $7.61 million, which pays for a nice UFA on players traded ($10.61 - $3 million = $7.61 Million)

Tanev (contract 4.45 million per year)

Baertschi (estimated new contract 2.5 Million per year)

Goldobin (contract .863 million per year)

Hutton (contract 2.8 million per year)

3 million retained per year on Lucic X 5 years

Hey, it doesn't have to be those players...............just having fun at 1 in the morning!

6 hours ago, Pears said:

Getting an additional first would be getting one in addition to our own first round pick, not swapping ours for someone elses. It’s a huge overpayment by us too. 

One could argue Tanev himself is worth their later pick.  So is the 7th overall worth their high 1st at 11 and their 2nd pick at 41? In my mind. If they were to do the Tanev deal in this I would do it.  We lose 4 spots dropping from 7 to 11 but we gain a second round pick and get max value for Chris Tanev.  That to me sounds like a reasonable offseason. Unless Wahlstrom or that D available is that amazing.. it might be worth looking at. I get your point though. Gotta keep things in prospective. :P

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Where would their second be placed? Top 14? What was their pre lottery odds placement again?  

If it's the 

7th + Tanev

For the

11th + 12th + 40th

I have a hard time saying no to that.  Believe the word is the top 40 players have a lot of upside.  Having 4 picks in the top 40 would be huge.

I think we would almost be forced too. That would be huge step forward.

Edit: I looked it up it would be the 41st pick. Easy decision.  Let's make it happen Jimbo!

I want #7 pick..You will get Bouchard, Dobson..

Would trade Tanev for NYI 11th 2018 and 40th overall 2018...

I don't think Islanders will make this trade...Islanders are trading one of those 1st round picks for a younger goalie.....

Thinking NYI and Washington make trade ...NYI get there goalie....Washington pick up a top pick..

6 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Baertschi  to  Edmonton for Lucic (1 million retained) + 2018 - 2nd (40 OA) + 2018 3rd (73rd OA)

Pick 11 (round 1)................................................................................................................Veleno/Smith/Wilde/Kotkamiemi

Pick 12 (round 1) + Lockwood + McEneny for Pick 8 (Chicago)........................................ Dobson/Bouchard/Walhstrom

Pick 29 (round 1).................................................................................................................Woo/Bokk/K'Andre Miller/Samuelsson

Pick 37 (round 2) + Pick 73 (round 3) for Pick 34 (round 2)................................................Ginning/McIsaac/Alexeyev/Wise

Pick 40 (round 2).................................................................................................................Anderson/Bernard-Docker

Pick 41 (round 2).................................................................................................................BPA

Pick 43 (round 2).................................................................................................................Bahl/Marchenko/Best Goaltender

Pick 69 (round 3).................................................................................................................Best Goaltender/BPA

Pick 72 (round 3).................................................................................................................BPA

Pick 73 (round 3)

Total Cost..................Savings of $7.61 million, which pays for a nice UFA on players traded ($10.61 - $3 million = $7.61 Million)

Hey, it doesn't have to be those players...............just having fun at 1 in the morning!

EA Hockey trades...lol lol 

ridiculous this will only happen in EA 2018 Hockey.... Get it done..lol..lol...lol..lol

11 minutes ago, wildcam said:

ridiculous this will only happen in EA 2018 Hockey.... Get it done..lol..lol...lol..lol

EA hockey trades underrated. Lol

I took over Minnesota in 2018-19 to replace Fletcher. I dealt the old guys out. I picked up John Gibson & Larssen who was on the block for Dubnyk, Spurgeon, 2nd and a conditional first (either 2019/2020).

That is an ea hockey trade baby! Lol. Gibson was somehow on the block i guess his injury history and inconsistency got him on there. I didnt mind I just used a 2nd and 4th round pick on young goalies trying to find an eventual Dubnyk replacement.

Oh and if your wondering how I made the pick conditional.. I traded the 2019 pick and can trade my 2018 at the draft back for it.  Typically that years pick is worth more so I will just respect the system and give them the extra pick. I actually gave up the 2018 first then realized how bad I might be and they let me trade 1 for 1 lol.

But that's enough about ea trades. Let's make some deals ladies and gents!

23 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

EA hockey trades underrated. Lol

I took over Minnesota in 2018-19 to replace Fletcher. I dealt the old guys out. I picked up John Gibson & Larssen who was on the block for Dubnyk, Spurgeon, 2nd and a conditional first (either 2019/2020).

That is an ea hockey trade baby! Lol. Gibson was somehow on the block i guess his injury history and inconsistency got him on there. I didnt mind I just used a 2nd and 4th round pick on young goalies trying to find an eventual Dubnyk replacement.

Oh and if your wondering how I made the pick conditional.. I traded the 2019 pick and can trade my 2018 at the draft back for it.  Typically that years pick is worth more so I will just respect the system and give them the extra pick. I actually gave up the 2018 first then realized how bad I might be and they let me trade 1 for 1 lol.

But that's enough about ea trades. Let's make some deals ladies and gents!

I really think Jim will be dealing before entry draft..

Tanev deal to : Toronto, Dallas, NYI

Beartchi ???? 

Gagner - maybe Columbus

Nilsson - 5th RD pick, retain 800,000 only 1 yr left..

Erickson - retain 2 million of his salary in a package deal..

Hutton - Start of season possibly 

8 hours ago, wildcam said:

Nah, wasn't serious, but you could see one of these trades or one that looks close............we do have a lot of LW's

I also like our 7th and would not want to move it

7 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Would you do..............

NYI

Chris Tanev

Sven Baertschi

VAN 

12th Overall

41st Overall

3rd round pick (2018/2019)

Also would you do it without the third?

I would do as well.

I think it is important to have as many pieces of the team to "pop" (mature) at the same time or within a couple of years of each other.

This is why, in my opinion we need to sell some good pieces now! Yes we may give up a little, but we need those pieces in play for the future.

We need as many 1st and 2nd picks now, as our core pieces are maturing already and many in the process of coming to fruition.

It' the big picture, depending on how our GM and managment are planning to target a date/time that our team: 1. Is  ready to compete for playoffs and 2. Being a legitimate cup contender as we tweak this team to have the best opportunity for Cup.

I have yet to hear from our GM or President of a date or number of years when we expect this team to be competitive,  compete in the play-offs and compete for cup. This tells me that management does not have a concrete plan.

Please tell us JIMBO!

15 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Pick 73 (round 3)

I wouldnt trade Goldy just yet.

I believe he is a late bloomer. If we hadn't seen growth, then I would be on that train. But he started to show he can be a player.

Hutton on the other hand, abolutely get what we can.

I agree with most folks that we should keep #7.  Quality of quantity.

Sending Tanev for a mid round pick would be a good idea though.

I think Kotkamiemi is going to be the sleeper of the draft and he is slated to go around 15.  You can never have too many centres, and he would be coming into the league right around whatever veteran stopgap we sign for 2-3 years is expiring.

Nope, nothing doing with the Canuck pick unless it is moving closer to #1. They should want a player in the top 7 this year and that player should be a dman unless the top 4 dmen are gone, IMO, Dahlin, Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist, then pick Tchachuk.

So much hype over Dahlin in this market kind of makes the rest hoohum. But Dobson/Bouchard make OJ tradable and he might get a later 1rst in return, maybe a NYI 1rst or Chicago.

Archived