The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

On 6/25/2018 at 2:16 PM, thejazz97 said:

P6fzfij.png

FA Frenzy

With July 1 approaching, here are some basic guidelines that we'll be using to navigate the free agent season:

• Unsigned UFAs will be removed from rosters no later than June 30th. They may be removed without warning before then. As RFAs are automatically qualified, they will not be removed off rosters at this time. 
  • Any offers without a plan in the organization will be disregarded. Usually, if a player doesn't receive a vision for how they fit onto the team, they will wait to consider the offer until a team sends one. The Commissioner Team encourages teams to send organizational plans with their offers regardless of the time of year, but for the month of July, any offers to UFAs without a pitch will not be considered. You can offer the max contract of 8 years, $15.6m, but without a pitch, it won't be considered.
  • There is a process for signing FAs this year. The process has been detailed below, and aims to curb arms races over players. Hopefully, we don't end up with a $2.5m Adam Cracknell again :P 
  • When signing RFAs, as per usual, giving compensation to the player's former team will be required. If the team that owns the rights to an RFA declines to match an offer, they will receive a payment from the signing team, as outlined below. Any draft picks transferred do not have to be ones designated to the signing team, but will have to be held by the signing team at the time the contract is signed. 
  • There will not be a period of time where the players and teams can "talk". You may send in an offer before July 1, but it will not be considered before then.
  • Enquiries will not be considered by UFAs during the first week of FA frenzy, but will be afterwards.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

FA Frenzy Offer Evaluation Process

Reveal hidden contents

Practical explanation:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Say the four of us are competing to sign Ilya Kovalchuk.

ARZ offers 3 years, $4m

DET offers 3 years, $5m

NYR offers 2 years, $5m

ANA offers 1 year, $750k

The teams that made offers that weren't even close get dropped off after the first round of offers, while the rest are asked for their best offers:

ARZ walks away

DET offers 3 years, $7m

NYR offers 3 years, $5m

Here we have a clear winner. However, if things got a little more intense...

ARZ walks away

DET offers 3 years, $6.5m

NYR offers 3 years, $6.5m

Here, we would ask Detroit and NY for their best offers once more, letting them know that their offer was close or tied (I'd put a cap at $500k difference for going to a 3rd round). Then whoever had the best offer would win, even if it was within $250k. If they are tied once more, we'd vote on the best location for the player based on role and team position.

To sum up:

Round 1 - Best group of offers / offers within a reasonable range

Round 2 - Best second offer (if necessary)

Round 3 - Best third offer (if necessary)

Round 4 - Commissioners decide (if Round 3 results in a tie)

2018 RFA Compensation list:

Reveal hidden contents
$1,339,575 or less No compensation
$1,339,576 to $2,029,659 Third-round pick
$2,029,660 to $4,059,322 Second-round pick
$4,059,323 to $6,088,980 First and third-round picks
$6,088,981 to $8,118,641 First, second and third-round picks
$8,118,642 to $10,148,302 Two firsts, a second and third-round picks
Over $10,148,302 Four first-round picks

Since we're on a new page, I thought I'd quote this for anyone who hasn't seen it.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Not sure if I should be happy or not about Cam Ward rumoured to have a deal with the Blackhawks.

Hesitant to say they will rebound. 

hopefuly that it is not a sign that crawford is probably still out when the next season starts. 

hawks expect him being ready for the training camp ...or not? :unsure:

some good news for the Habs

Weegar got an Qualifying Offer IRL

Rieder is on the Books of some Canadian Teams .

Claesson no Qualifying Offer though 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Not sure if I should be happy or not about Cam Ward rumoured to have a deal with the Blackhawks.

Hesitant to say they will rebound. 

Cam Ward is excellent as a backup or 1B. If he plays too much, though, he'll get sloppy. That's with Carolina. He'll do much better behind Seabrook, Keith, et al.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Cam Ward is excellent as a backup or 1B. If he plays too much, though, he'll get sloppy. That's with Carolina. He'll do much better behind Seabrook, Keith, et al.

This isn't 2010 Jazzy, Seabrook is half the defenseman he used to be, and Keith was just plain bad last season. No guarantees Chicago are better next season at all.

Updated Florida Panthers heading into FA!

James Van Riemsdyk - Nicklas Backstrom - Blake Wheeler

Milan Lucic - Adrian Kempe - TJ Oshie

Zach Hyman - Colton Sissons - Jordan Eberle

Sven Baertschi - Noel Acciari - Brett Ritchie

Esa Lindell - Dion Phaneuf 

Sami Vatanen - Derek Forbort

Nikita Zaitsev - Erik Gudbranson

Martin Jones

Jonathan Bernier

Others who will for sure see time this year: 

Henrik Haapala

Jordan Greenway

Zach Aston-Reece

Blake Coleman

Tyler Bertuzzi

Valentin Zykov

Mike Reilly

Yannick Weber

Others who better see some time this year (!):

Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson

Olli Juolevi

Alex Formenton

Josh Leivo

Ville Husso

With little cap space left, it's unlikely Florida will be a big player through FA but we remain open to moving a number of players. No one is untouchable!

• Upvote 1

Question:

Do players position availability change?

I had two forwards that had multi-positions change to one, which could really make things inconvenient for lineup purposes. 

What is the policy for position changes?

23 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Question:

I had two forwards that had multi-positions change to one, which could really make things inconvenient for lineup purposes. 

Something screwy's happened with fantrax's database provider, IIRC (@Master Mind, help?). We're working on fixing it. If it's getting closer to the season and they still aren't fixed, send us a PM with who's missing what availability.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Question:

Fantrax recently changed a lot of positions; MM recently posted about that.

The rule, or atleast what I’ve been doing... is find any (semi reputable) website that lists that player at a position you want and the commish team can change it for you. @Jaku is listed as the commish who does that.

I find that Yahoo Fantasy Hockey is the most wide ranging at player positions, meaning a lot of guys will be listed at positions they most definitely don’t play. :lol: 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I find that Yahoo Fantasy Hockey is the most wide ranging at player positions, meaning a lot of guys will be listed at positions they most definitely don’t play. :lol: 

And here I thought you wanted to put Barzal at wing so you could become more like Marc Bergevin ;) 

• Haha 1

2d6p5s8.jpg

The New York Islanders place David Booth, Jordan Szwarz, Joseph Labate, Corey Tropp, JC Lipon, Richard Bachman, Chris Driedger and Steve Michalek on waivers. Unless claimed they will clear in 48 hours.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 70seven said:

Is there a pending free agent list somewhere here?

There’s only one pending UFA left on rosters, while another hasn’t been announced yet. The rest are available to see under the “Players” tab. RFAs have been left on rosters (as they’re automatically qualified), and while we do have a list, it won’t be made public like the list of unsigned draftees was. We can’t do all the work for you guys ;) 

Edited by thejazz97
  • Cheers 1

RFA List?

Someone just revealed all the guys who were going back into the draft, if they weren’t signed after I spent an hour figuring that out... so I’m not going to let that happen again. Plus not all of us can look through the entire league, like I made my AGM do. :lol:

I’ve kept the high value guys hidden, as I might go after them. 

F Nick Babtiste, BUF

F ******* *******, ***

F Ryan Chartier, SJ

F ******* *******, ***

F Tobias Lindberg, PIT

F Magnus Paajarvi, OTT

F Emil Pettersson, NSH

F Kirby Rychel, MON

F Hunter Smith, CGY(?)

D Ben Harpur, OTT

D Ryan Murphy, MIN

D Rob O’Gara, NYR

D **** ********, ***

D ****** *******, ***

There are a few others, but non are worth mentioning.

(Ty Ronning is labeled as RFA on Fantrax, but he was just drafted, soooo ?)

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Cheers 1

Vegas will take a 2020 5th round pick from any team interested in Brian Flynn, Jake Bischoff, Cole Candella, Dustin Tokarski or Tanner Fritz.