The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

3 minutes ago, cunningham19 said:

Huge trade between Winnipeg and New York Rangers! Trouba will look good in a different shade of blue.

Yuge. If Pionk + 20th overall is the price for Trouba... Does that mean we can attain Laine at a similar value? 

Canucks 1st round pick 2020 + Sven Baertschi + Tanev? 

9 minutes ago, apollo said:

Yuge. If Pionk + 20th overall is the price for Trouba... Does that mean we can attain Laine at a similar value? 

Canucks 1st round pick 2020 + Sven Baertschi + Tanev? 

I wonder if they will start to clear out cap space and trade away some vets like Perrault kulikov etc 

2 minutes ago, maroe said:

Pionk sucks but i feel like this was the best offer they got :/ 

Play him on the 2nd or third pairing with a good steady defensemen and he’ll be good. Plus it’s more so about shedding some salary to keep laine and try to resign the other players and maybe get a 2nd line Centre 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, maroe said:

Pionk sucks but i feel like this was the best offer they got :/ 

I wouldn't say that. He had 26 points on a bad team. In puck league he has 3.4FP/G. 138 hits, 98 blocks. Just from proxy he's going to produce more in Winnipeg. I'm even willing to bet Trouba puts up less than 40 points in New York.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jaku said:

I wouldn't say that. He had 26 points on a bad team. In puck league he has 3.4FP/G. 138 hits, 98 blocks. Just from proxy he's going to produce more in Winnipeg. I'm even willing to bet Trouba puts up less than 40 points in New York.

Trouba will probably get more considering hes no1 now over there and with the immense talent coming in via KHL, it would be exciting to watch. But i guess, he is just bad corsi and eye test wise

7 minutes ago, maroe said:

Trouba will probably get more considering hes no1 now over there and with the immense talent coming in via KHL, it would be exciting to watch. But i guess, he is just bad corsi and eye test wise

He's going from a team that went from +28 with 2 players over 80 points to a team that was -45 with 2 players over 50 and only 1 over 70. I'm not going to knock the talent coming over but there's no way that gets fixed overnight. The Rangers will be better, a playoff team though? Might be a stretch.

On 2/22/2019 at 1:20 PM, thejazz97 said:

signing201819_php.jpg.085e4b22f41a07bb6e2e2668fb28c135.jpg

On behalf of GM @Jaku, the Anaheim Ducks are proud to announce the signing of:

Ronnie Attard - 3 years, $750k

@Baer. my apologies - for the first couple months, Attard was never on Fantrax, and so was never added. I never got around to requesting him, and after he's been added, I never ended up placing him on Anaheim's roster.

This is my fault, I can't really blame you for picking someone who's not been added in fantrax

Edited by thejazz97
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

@Baer. my apologies - for the first couple months, Attard was never on Fantrax, and so was never added. I never got around to requesting him, and after he's been added, I never ended up placing him on Anaheim's roster.

This is my fault, I can't really blame you for picking someone who's not been added in fantrax

Shouldn't the signing be vetoed since draft eligible players can't be signed mid season? He wasn't even 20 yet when this signing went through.

9 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Shouldn't the signing be vetoed since draft eligible players can't be signed mid season? He wasn't even 20 yet when this signing went through.

2 drafts before eligibility to sign. Effective the start of last season. That's what we changed the rule to, because we had a massive discussion about how confusing and convoluted the old rules were.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Baer. said:

UFAs will be able to be signed at any age, provided that 1) they have gone undrafted through two entry drafts, and 2) the time of their signing complies with the rest of the existing rules surrounding free agency, such as the Trade Deadline to July 1 UFA signing freeze, et cetera. This will apply to both North American and European+ Skaters. This means that you will be able to sign 18-year-olds, as long as they've gone through the draft once as a 17-year-old and again as an 18-year old.

From the OP, it was an unfortunate loophole similar to Brett Leason being signed

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Salter said:

From the OP, it was an unfortunate loophole similar to Brett Leason being signed

I still think if they're eligible to be drafted IRL, they shouldn't be able to be signed. Although there is a window for RL NHL teams to do it, it's something that only the hardcores would be aware of. Keeping them in the draft avoids confusion, and evens the playing field (just like NCAA signings being moved to July 1st, even though RL teams can sign a guy whenever he's done school...or even before if they can convince him to leave).

Good for @Jaku though for jumping on Attard back then though.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

sItG4ev.png

small.png Charles Hudon - 2 years, $972k

small.png Ryan Carpenter - 1 year, $850k

small.png Denis Malgin - 3 years, $1.15m

small.png Brett Ritchie - 1 year, $894k

small.png Ryan Murray - 3 years, $4.5m

small.png Dawson Leedahl - 1 year, $840k

small.png Zack MacEwen - 2 years, $975k

small.png Riley Sutter - 3 years, $800k

small.png Brendan Guhle - 2 years, $875k

small.png Ales Stezka - 1 year, $775k

small.png Colton Sissons - 3 years, $3.75m

small.png Derek Forbort - 2 years, $2.75m

small.png Andrew Copp - 3 years, $1.6m

small.png Tyler Motte - 1 year, $1m

Spoiler

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, D-Money said:

I still think if they're eligible to be drafted IRL, they shouldn't be able to be signed. Although there is a window for RL NHL teams to do it, it's something that only the hardcores would be aware of. Keeping them in the draft avoids confusion, and evens the playing field (just like NCAA signings being moved to July 1st, even though RL teams can sign a guy whenever he's done school...or even before if they can convince him to leave).

Good for @Jaku though for jumping on Attard back then though.

Gotta say I'm definitely with D Mo on this one. 

I would have made the same mistake and drafted Leason earlier had MM not told me he was already taken. Doesn't make much sense if real NHL teams are able to draft a guy like leason or attard but we can't in our league since they were signed months ago due to a loophole 

That being said, not gonna lose sleep over this... Either way, CDCP is the greatest fantasy league on the planet. 

• Cheers 4

8 minutes ago, Salter said:

nYRkjNs.png&key=cd50cf02e8e516afa713d329

To WSH: Blake Wheeler, Nick Bonino, 2020 PIT 4th 

To PIT: Alex Barre Boulet, Jake Bean, Brett Pesce, Max Domi

@cunningham19 @Peaches

I want to thank the new GM of the Capitals @Peaches for the negotiations as I think both teams were able to get what they wanted in this deal. I also want to thank the commissioners for making the changes to the rosters in a very timely fashion. 

@Salter @thejazz97 @Master Mind @Jaku

• Upvote 2