The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

9f2a8de0-cebd-43d5-aab7-deb3b72db4fa_1.ace51ed30c172ae0bf11caa8922003d7.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=ffffff

The nominees for the Bargain Bin Award, given to the player with the best bang for your puck (non-ELC) are:

Josh Anderson, VAN/WSH/CAR

Erik Gustafsson, DET

Andrei Vasilevskiy, PHI

Not even MacKinnon or Meier? 

Edited by maroe
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Master Mind said:

9f2a8de0-cebd-43d5-aab7-deb3b72db4fa_1.ace51ed30c172ae0bf11caa8922003d7.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=ffffff

The nominees for the Bargain Bin Award, given to the player with the best bang for your puck (non-ELC) are:

Josh Anderson, VAN/WSH/CAR

Erik Gustafsson, DET

Andrei Vasilevskiy, PHI

Brandon Tanev scored 345.5 Fpts for $2M, or $5,788.71 per point.

Vasilevskiy scored 452 Fpts for $3.5M, or $7,743.36 per point.

...Unless, is Tanev still on an ELC? Can't remember...

Edited by D-Money
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Brandon Tanev scored 345.5 Fpts for $2M, or $5,788.71 per point.

Vasilevskiy scored 452 Fpts for $3.5M, or $7,743.36 per point.

...Unless, is Tanev still on an ELC? Can't remember...

Goalie is more valuable on a roster than a winger, there are a lot more wingers in that range but not a lot of goalies, that was my view point 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Salter said:

Goalie is more valuable on a roster than a winger, there are a lot more wingers in that range but not a lot of goalies, that was my view point 

Goalies used to be more valuable in this league. In 2016-17, 5 of the top-12 players were goalies. In 2017-18, 3 of the top-13 were. Last season, Vas was the highest scoring goalie at 25th.

That may call for an adjustment. For instance, I think a shutout should be worth more than 15 total points. Other key players can score more than that (Connor McDavid had 7 games last year where he scored more than 15), and they will generally play a lot more total games. And a shutout from a goalie is often the most impactful thing any player on your team can do.

In FL, a shutout is worth 20 points (10 for the win, 10 for the S/O). On top of that, both goalies count, so if they both play and get SOs, that's 40 points. Not only that, but if you get a goalie assist, that's another 10 points. So it's not completely rare for your goaltender position to get you 30 points on one night (both goalies win, one gets a SO or assist). But in Puck, it's capped at 1 goalie, and 15...maybe 19 (win, SO, AND assist).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

@D-Money not quoting just because that’s a large body of text, but those are really good points! Nobody brought up goalie scoring during our last voting day so keep it in the back of your mind for when we do another similar “event”! 

• Cheers 1

This league doesn’t limit you on starting goalies, like the others do. It’s a trade off. On any given night you can get more points anywhere else, but throughout the season you can get more points from your teams goalies in Puck. Some people had 3 playoff starting goalies. Adding more points for goalies would just incentivize hoarding starting goalies. (Even I have two starting goalies...)

I’m happy with the current goalie points. As it contributes to the flexibility of not limiting goalies! Trades baby!

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, JimLahey said:

I present to you... the Vegas Golden Knights bought out crew:

- Dion Phaneuf

- Andrew MacDonald

- Corey Perry

Sick roster in Vegas coming next year lead by these three skaters as well as fellow buyout candidates James Neal and Milan Lucic.

They can make a whole line!

Lucic - Perry - Neal

MacDonald - Phaneuf

Since you are Vegas, I suggest it be called "The Craps Line".

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

They can make a whole line!

Lucic - Perry - Neal

MacDonald - Phaneuf

Since you are Vegas, I suggest it be called "The Craps Line".

Ironically, my team is so bad that Neal and Lucic will be top 6 guys lol.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, maroe said:

Not even MacKinnon or Meier? 

Are we playing the game "Name guys that are more overpaid than Alex:goat: Edler? (and produce less?) " 

I'll go next... Mcdavid Ovechkin Karlsson toews lol 

• Haha 2