The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

HIRING: The CDCGML is excited to announce the hiring of Jaku as the new General Manager of the New York Islanders!

Welcome to the CDCGML @Jaku and best of luck moving forward with the Islanders!

Welcome to GML!

All the best. :towel:

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, greensman said:

Haha, forgot about the all star break... 

about 4or 5 of my team has been has been sent down in the last 48hrs... I was about to quit from pure frustration :picard:

dummy.

That explains a bit...teams just don't want to pay for nothing on the contracts they have leeway to avoid...makes sense and same thing is happening to me, probably everyone. 

@canuck2xtreme

With about a month to go to the deadline, can we bug you for updates to the rosters...sorry to ask, but I have no couth whatsoever. 

; p

Thanks Curt, great season thus far for the exec..even with fewer of you guys around. Thanks all. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

Welcome @Jaku

On another note;

Florida is very pleased with the teams performance of late.

The Jake Muzzin for Darcy Kuemper deal along with the added production from Marcus Pettersson has really solidifed our team and put us in a comfortable position at the top of the league.

We are looking to add a depth forward up front, have an extra 2nd round pick to move plus possibly a defenseman.

• Upvote 1

Dustin Byfuglien auction

Rumour has it that this is Dustin’s last few weeks it Minnesota. It is believed that he will traded to the highest offer so whether we have talked before or haven’t everyone is encouraged to PM if you are interested in having a shot at the star from Winnipeg! 

Thought I would pop by and see how the Red Wings have faired since my departure (still situated in the top 10 of the league!). Wish I could make the time for this league again, definitely feels like something is missing this year without having the constant worry about how my team is doing. Sure makes watching hockey (especially highlights) different when you don't have players to keep an eye on.

Best of luck gents, cherish every moment you have in the league because there is nothing else like it :towel:

EDIT: if there is room for a gig send me a PM. May not be able to do full time like years past, but can definitely try something on a more casual basis

Edited by RL.
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 hours ago, RL. said:

Thought I would pop by and see how the Red Wings have faired since my departure (still situated in the top 10 of the league!). Wish I could make the time for this league again, definitely feels like something is missing this year without having the constant worry about how my team is doing. Sure makes watching hockey (especially highlights) different when you don't have players to keep an eye on.

Best of luck gents, cherish every moment you have in the league because there is nothing else like it :towel:

EDIT: if there is room for a gig send me a PM. May not be able to do full time like years past, but can definitely try something on a more casual basis

@RL. I believe we have two teams that are in need of a GM. To be bluntly honest, these days the league has become more casual for sure. Maybe take one of the teams and see how it goes?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Squeak said:

HIRING: The CDCGML is excited to announce the hiring of RL. as the new General Manager of the Vegas Golden Knights!

Welcome to the CDCGML @RL. and best of luck moving forward with the Knights! 

Hey, sweet! Welcome back, to the same old place where you started from....welcome back welcome back welcome ba-a-ack.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jaku said:

I'd like to thank all who have welcomed me. I'm very excited to be here. Life has been hectic but with things slowing down I will be able to better analyse my team and engage in trade talks. 

always feel free to take extra time when looking over potential trades, especially when getting familiar with the organizational assets. 

VGKLogo.jpg 

The Knights are looking to rise again, as ownership announced the hiring of veteran CDCGML GM RL. Months after supposedly walking away for good, RL. for some reason decided to crawl on back and give GMing another go. His track record was pretty suspect in Detroit, taking that franchise to the playoffs only once in his however many years, but let's hope things turn out differently for Knights as they look to move up from the bottom of the league :P

Much like his start in Detroit, expect GM RL. to make moves with the future in mind, trimming the roster down to its core and starting anew. With some prized prospects already in the system, the Knights will likely be moving players for futures with their eyes dead set on the Draft in June. With that being said, GM RL. has a track record of making some fairly large deals and could try to swing for the fences and squeak out a playoff run as soon as next year.

Players such as Ilya Kovalchuk, Alex Killorn, Vlad Sobatka, Evgeny Dandonov, Mark Letestu, Mattias Ekholm, Dan Hamhus, Nakita Zadorov, and Mikko Koskinen are all said to be available and will be heavily involved in trade discussions over the next several weeks. 

The Knights ownership owes it to the fans to make sure they ice a competitive team that is built to compete year after year. The hiring of GM RL. will definitely be criticized if there isn't a steering of the ship to the right direction sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1