The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

Image result for sportsnet trade

Trade Deadline: Columbus Blue Jackets are looking to add to young core!

CBJ remains interested in adding some younger players in the 17-24 age range. If you have players in this range you might be interested in moving out for picks please let us know. We would be happy to look over any list of players you have available. The Columbus Blue Jackets have 13 draft selections in the 2020 draft including 4 x 1st round picks. We are open to suggestions on whatever you have in mind. Our preference is to move out one of those 1st's for help next season but the player or packaging coming back has to make sense.  Please contact CBJ GM @Rush17 with any inquiries.

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

TRADE: The Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To MTL:
small.png David Savard

small.png Laurent Dauphin

small.png Jordan Schmaltz

To CLB:
small.png Brett Pesce

Thanks to @Rush17 for the back-and-forth on this deal. We really liked Brett Pesce and what he brought to the team, but when we were presented with this offer we felt that the trigger needed to be pulled. David Savard is on a similar contract and we think that he can be a solid fit on blueline as a replacement, and we also brought in two solid youngsters who we still believe have some upside in Laurent Dauphin and Jordan Schmaltz. We need a few youngsters to turn into something here in Montreal, and soon, so adding two more will hopefully increse our odds of that happening.

Montreal remains open for business. Shea Theodore and William Carrier present two playoff-bound options that could be available, as is Thomas Hickey. And if you think the Avs will turn things around here in thier playoff push, then Erik Johnson, JT Compher and/or Matt Nieto could also be in play. Then again, most players are available if you're looking for a hockey trade and a reset for next year.

As for our reigning-MVP Taylor Hall, who is both currently injured and a pending UFA, we are going to try our best to retain his services and discuss a big extension in short order here.

• Upvote 3

Just a note,

If you're waiting on a trade to be posted and see that I've left the conversation, don't panic.  It means I've recorded it on my update sheet in the proper order and I'm trying to keep my inbox sorted.  They have to stay in order otherwise when deals involve players moving multiple times, or other roster moves are required to complete them, it gets complicated and mistakes happen easily.  So I've got my system.  Don't worry, your trades will still be posted today.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Pending IR placement of C Brandon Dubinsky

Columbus is open to retaining 50% of Dubinsky's salary if a playoff team comes calling and can make a deal. 

Dubinsky's salary with max retention is 2.625m per season. Dubinsky has 2 more years remaining after this season.

Edited by Rush17