The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

@ActionJax09 and @canuck2xtreme can chime in, but this move cannot be processed due to CBA Article 3 " Roster Limitations " 

NOTE: Players who are suspended while on the active roster cannot be moved off the active roster for the duration of their suspension. "

His suspension won’t start until the first game of the regular season. Nate was permitted to take part in training camp 

5 minutes ago, ActionJax09 said:

His suspension won’t start until the first game of the regular season. Nate was permitted to take part in training camp 

you will note I suggested @canuck2xtreme can chime in, my understanding is once a suspension has been handed down as per our CBA the player cannot be removed from the active roster. Believe me I understand your frustration, the Devils have Austin Watson who has a longer suspension.

If it is deemed that the CBA wording meant regular season than sign me up, I will assign Austin Watson to my minors haha, until then as per our CBA a player on the active roster cannot be moved during suspension.

Thanks, I hear you.

I am resigning as the General Manager of the Columbus Blue Jackets effective today.

It has been a pleasure and an honour to get to know my fellow general managers over the past five seasons, and I have enjoyed competing against @OurTimeToShine @lethunder @Squeak, @Mike Vanderhoek and @TheMinister all excellent GM's. I will miss being entertained by Bomba and PO with their eternal hope for glory.

Unfortunately, I have limited free time and life has become busier over the past year and to be honest the pool has not been very much fun over the past two last seasons, and having fun was the main reason for joining the pool.

Thanks to Mike V, Squeak, The Minister, Greens for doing a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes keeping the train on the tracks, it was always very much appreciated.

download.jpg.aa7cd59b3003ea84e6ce857c33c65fd2.jpg

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ty Webb said:

I am resigning as the General Manager of the Columbus Blue Jackets effective today.

It has been a pleasure and an honour to get to know my fellow general managers over the past five seasons, and I have enjoyed competing against @OurTimeToShine @lethunder @Squeak, @Mike Vanderhoek and @TheMinister all excellent GM's. I will miss being entertained by Bomba and PO with their eternal hope for glory.

Unfortunately, I have limited free time and life has become busier over the past year and to be honest the pool has not been very much fun over the past two last seasons, and having fun was the main reason for joining the pool.

Thanks to Mike V, Squeak, The Minister, Greens for doing a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes keeping the train on the tracks, it was always very much appreciated.

image.jpeg

Well that's a kick in the nuts!

Thanks @Ty Webb for bringing quality to the League and a winning atmosphere to a club that needed it.

Your posts always bring me a chuckle and as a competitor it was fun to play against you.

Appreciate your willingness to help and maybe down the road you may be inclined to check in here.

All the best to you moving forward.

2 hours ago, Ty Webb said:

image.jpeg

You’ve been the best choice for the Jackets since day one. Your time there will be remembered as a transformative legacy. That team has had its fortune turned around in a short time. 

You will be missed... but then again, I have the privellage of being able to continue to harass you for the rest of your life. See ya in the real world bud! 

30 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Well that's a kick in the nuts!

Thanks @Ty Webb for bringing quality to the League and a winning atmosphere to a club that needed it.

Your posts always bring me a chuckle and as a competitor it was fun to play against you.

Appreciate your willingness to help and maybe down the road you may be inclined to check in here.

All the best to you moving forward.

We are definitely losing a good one, it was fun going up against Ty these past number of years and he's definitely set the bar high in terms of building a quality championship level team.

All the best Ty Webb,

"Na na na"

9 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

TRADE: The Dallas Stars have made a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

To DAL:

small.png F Jared McCann

To TOR: 
small.png D Jamie Oleksiak

The Stars Recall: Adam Pelech

Steen - E. Staal - B. Schenn

Lindholm - J. Staal - Bennett

Kapanen - Bozak - Reider

Dickinson - McCann - Armia

Cousins

Pysyk - J. Johnson

Methot - Pelech

Hutton - Russell

Schlemko - A. MacDonald

Griess - Darling

6 hours ago, Ty Webb said:

image.jpeg

Later, skater.

You never won more than me. I want you to know that.

We remain TIED.

17 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

you will note I suggested @canuck2xtreme can chime in, my understanding is once a suspension has been handed down as per our CBA the player cannot be removed from the active roster. Believe me I understand your frustration, the Devils have Austin Watson who has a longer suspension.

If it is deemed that the CBA wording meant regular season than sign me up, I will assign Austin Watson to my minors haha, until then as per our CBA a player on the active roster cannot be moved during suspension.

Thanks, I hear you.

Ok no problem. My apologies if I sounded like a dick in my response lol. 

Ive edited my post to include Schmidt in the active roster

14 hours ago, Ty Webb said:

image.jpeg

Sad to see you go Ty.

best wishes  for you from Germany  .

16 hours ago, Ty Webb said:

image.jpeg

But I had only recently gotten over my awe of your skills and developed a real need to destroy you in the standings. You will be missed 100%, even if I was merely the comic relief to your serius bizness of winning fantasy hockey. :unsure:

enjoy your winter out there, keep yer shovel on the driveway.

P.O.

to be honest the pool has not been very much fun over the past two last seasons,

Can't deny that with the exception of this edit here, my own level of enthusiasm has dropped to 'below being worth complaining about'. fwiw. Fun game but I am golfing it now and have been for about the time you mention a loss of fun. I am only really playing to get my own squad better than it was..not aiming for par so much as to take some strokes off my game. There are decisions that affect the game deeply that seem arbitrary if not punitive, like UFA signing decisions. All in all fun to play to beat my own high score, as it were, and over time we will push into the playoffs I am sure, because I am a Primal Optimist.

To Be Fair, it has improved substantially of late, towards the end of last season, so there is hope for sure, if anyone is thinking "don't let the door hit ya where the good lawd split ya". I am fine and cozy here, and working on minding my own business. 

14 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

But I had only recently gotten over my awe of your skills and developed a real need to destroy you in the standings. You will be missed 100%, even if I was merely the comic relief to your serius bizness of winning fantasy hockey. :unsure:

enjoy your winter out there, keep yer shovel on the driveway.

P.O.

Can't deny that with the exception of this edit here, my own level of enthusiasm has dropped to 'below being worth complaining about'. fwiw. Fun game but I am golfing it now and have been for about the time you mention a loss of fun. I am only really playing to get my own squad better than it was..not aiming for par so much as to take some strokes off my game. There are decisions that affect the game deeply that seem arbitrary if not punitive, like UFA signing decisions. All in all fun to play to beat my own high score, as it were, and over time we will push into the playoffs I am sure, because I am a Primal Optimist.

To Be Fair, it has improved substantially of late, towards the end of last season, so there is hope for sure, if anyone is thinking "don't let the door hit ya where the good lawd split ya". I am fine and cozy here, and working on minding my own business. 

I have found over the past three years more so the level of indifference and lack of patience has risen sharply.

Maybe that has to do with not one guy running the show anymore or having gaps in updating etc while new people learned the ropes. I think a lot of people need that daily post and reassurance by the commissioner or else its assumed by many theres problems or lacking in leadership. But then again if you go through the threads through the years updating etc has always gone through gaps of consistency so brings me back to lack of patience and indifference as a word I'd use over lack of interest.

Most complaints in thread or PM tend to involve a team not happy with how their team was affected by a decision or current rules on place.

I'd like to think the league is better positioned now than in previous years, you cant please everyone and interest in the game maybe increases if we all increase our activity ? The season is getting underway and excitement should fill the air.

While maybe we don't all agree with technique or levels of correspondence or things are handled I can assure you decisions especially involving signings are in no way arbitrary. If they are then I've been wasting hours researching and comparing teams player relations, stages of player's careers, fit/role on teams, specific cap situations of teams, number of contracts on rosters, player production, GM reputation and on and on.

Anyways, we will add a new GM. Ty is always welcome here as are the majority of alumni or those who left on good terms Haha st yhe least.

Couple of weeks until puck drop, let's finalize those rosters, open dialogue with other teams, utilize discord as well talk some trade and let's have some fun!

I'll be the first to admit I've had an up-and-down few years in GML, but what makes this league so great is the GMs, the competitiveness, and the sense of belonging. How many other fantasy leagues get anywhere near as far as GML has?

While I remain fully open to helping out the Commish team if they need more hands, the work the Commish team does is entirely selfless and I know from running CDCP how much time it takes to do a good job. Which is what the GML team does - a great job, and I'm very grateful for it.

Now, on to business. The Canucks, having added Stephen Johns to the organization, are looking for further improvements on both D and F. We are willing to add the likes of Robby Fabbri, Jimmy Vesey, Calvin de Haan and Maxime Comtois into the mix for potential deals that would add to our scoring potential.

Archived