The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

Knock on wood > we're creeping ahead of Nashville for the last play-off spot in Minny?

Even with Shattenkirk out.

But falling further behind Vancouver and Dallas.

Our only hope may be a wild card spot. Not bad with 10 rookies in the line up! :wub:

Only up from here... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Vancouver wish our unsigned prospects, Ian Scott, Joe Veleno, Nico Gross, Sampo Ranta, and Jason Robertson all the best at the World Juniors this holiday season, I can't wait to watch live!

That ain't all folks; We also wish World Juniors Gold medalist from last year, Alex Formenton a speedy recovery as he has been injured in the line of duty defending the Team Canada title at a training game here in Victoria a couple weeks back. 

And lastly but not least: our SIGNED prospect Urho Vaakanainen has been released from the team to join Team Finland in what will be an amazing WJC's for the Boys In Blue! 

if Canada doesn't win GOLD i suspect Finland has a good shot. My guess for top three: Canada Finland USA. (But not necessarily in that order: Canada looks a little rough with just one returning healthy member)

• Upvote 1

Looking to make a big splash ahead of the trade deadline (as I’ll be in India). For the right game breaking player, no prospect is off limits. That includes:

- Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

- Shane Bowers

- Jay O’Brien

- Scott Perunovich

- Josh Brook

- Julien Gauthier

Carolina Hurricanes Report

Well, my team is finishing off the calendar year pretty much where I thought I’d be. Set my team up (the core) to be pretty predictable, standings wise, quite a while ago so there would be little surprises.

That said, the injury bug is taking a massive toll:

Dumba (likely out for the season)

Martinez (surprise surprise)

Mike Smith (I mean, he’s got to be injured again, right?)

Armia

So while my team keeps trucking along, really need some good news on the injury front. Which actually brings me to...

• Haha 1

MacKenzie Blackwood looking great in his first two games. And congrats on your first NHL start! :wub:

Lost 2-1 despite making 36 saves two days ago in his first start.

Saved 10-10 in relief last night..  

No fantasy points, but very encouraging. 

We gave up, sorry, took on the legendary Fedor Tyutin to acquire Mackenzie.