The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - CANUCKS VS SHARKS 6 PM, PST.

TNucks1

5 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

I just can't agree with that. We've had way more injuries than just Edler, and every season when Edler gets hurt, it's not just him that goes down. If Edler comes back without the others, it's not going to make a big difference. Hopefully Nilsson coming back makes a difference, because Markstrom needs a break. 

That’s fine, you are entitled to your opinion.  

You might want to check out Edler’s play with the Tri Kroner, as further proof of his abilities.

Then there was the period of time that the NHL was routinely suspending him for his ferocious hits.

The dude was a force. Injuries and suspensions have curtailed some of that.

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not sure, but those are the only two gifs I could find. Edler has been quite the physical player in the last two years, especially when he's been paired with Erik Gudbranson. Certainly he had some challenges in the past, where I found him woefully inconsistent, but in the last two years, under Green's systems, he's been laying plenty of hits.

As well, last season when Guddy was gutlessly sacked by Johansen with a stick, it was Edler who went after the coward, followed by Sutter.

I'll have to focus more on his play. Maybe my opinions of him stemming from seasons past no longer apply 

Need a dub tonight boys!

I haven’t checked yet, just getting off of work, anyone know our status of injured players for tonight’s game?

I’d love to see goals and gg’s from MDZ, Pouliot, Gagner, Goldobin, Marky... just to shut up every troll and hater around here. 

Let’s get it!

5 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

You might want to check out Edler’s play with the Tri Kroner, as further proof of his abilities.

Then there was the period of time that the NHL was routinely suspending him for his ferocious hits.

He was great until around 2012/2013 where he started declining quickly. Others have pointed out he's been better since Green arrived. I'll try and pay more attention to him 

Just now, KeslerWho? said:

He was great until around 2012/2013 where he started declining quickly. Others have pointed out he's been better since Green arrived. I'll try and pay more attention to him 

Right around the time where he badly injured his back if I recall. Not sure about you, but I’ve had back injuries myself and just getting outta bed sometimes is enough of a chore. I couldn’t imagine playing a high contact sport for a living with it. 

8 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Edler has never been a force. Ohlund was a force, Edler is Ohlunds wake. Next up is Olli.

44 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good point. That could have ended really badly. God, I can be such an ass.

If anyone wonders why I love CDC, this conversation between you and Fig is as close as it gets the reason..... Damn I love you all ::D

21 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

This is a force:

https://youtu.be/RjMy4oUjoE8

Archived