The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Van/Mtl..Would U?

Has there been a trade involving a crap contract being unloaded at the cost of a first round pick?  I don’t consider ones that include major pieces being included in the crap contract.  I wouldn’t consider Hutton a major asset at this point.  I don’t know, hence my question 

49 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Has there been a trade involving a crap contract being unloaded at the cost of a first round pick?  I don’t consider ones that include major pieces being included in the crap contract.  I wouldn’t consider Hutton a major asset at this point.  I don’t know, hence my question 

Does the Clarkson to Vegas trade count? Essentially the trade was Clarkson, a 1st and a 2nd round draft picks and William Karlsson to Vegas for "expansion draft consideration".

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Does the Clarkson to Vegas trade count? Essentially the trade was Clarkson, a 1st and a 2nd round draft picks and William Karlsson to Vegas for "expansion draft consideration".

I guess though that "expansion draft consideration' was I think to prevent the Blue Jackets from losing a player they couldn't protect in the expansion draft.  Not sure who they were afraid of losing (as I don't follow that team).  

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I guess though that "expansion draft consideration' was I think to prevent the Blue Jackets from losing a player they couldn't protect in the expansion draft.  Not sure who they were afraid of losing (as I don't follow that team).  

Josh Anderson and Korpisalo if I recall. Neither of which I'd say was worth losing a solid bottom 6er, a 2nd rounder and a 1st round pick over. I see it as 1st rounder to dump Clarkson's cap and William Karlsson and 2nd rounder to save Anderson and Korpisalo. Just did it all in one deal. 

19 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Van: Hutton, & *conditional pick(s)*

Mtl: Alzner(retain 650 K x4yrs), 2019 1st R pick

I see Mtl fans are fishing for a top-4 Dman(over on HFtrades page). They have Weber returning..so a nice RhD side. Hutton fits well with their youth & skating.

To be clear, we would have THREE more yrs of two lumps(Alzner & Eriksson) for 10,000,000 AAV. Yeah..that's risky.

But consider if we had say TWO, top-7 picks at our hometown-hosted draft! That would be sweet.

Conditions:

If Mtl gave us a top-10 pick, we'd give back our 2019 2nd.

If it were a top-5 pick, we give 2019 2nd & 2020 3rd.

So if Mtl's pick is #11OA or lower, we don't give them any cond pick.

This (somewhat) minimizes risk for Bergevin. Already that guy's been on the hot seat in Quebec...

Yea or nay?

I cannot see Montreal giving up a 1st round pick to dump the Alzner contract..

If any thing Montreal will trade Alzner and retain 1.6 million of his 4.6 million per yr contract..

Someone will take a chance on Alzner..

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

A fine, & fair question. It happens quite often in my sleeping dreams...

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] Van/Mtl..Would U?

Archived