The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nathan Beaulieu requests trade

On 1/16/2019 at 5:25 PM, King Heffy said:

That would apply to most adult males with a pulse.

Kinda dis respectful 

On 1/16/2019 at 6:05 PM, SabreFan1 said:

The more that I think about it, he'd be a decent band-aid solution for the Canucks and their outside chance at the playoffs.  He's cheap and his style is likely more suited to Green's slower paced system than the system's employed by the Sabres and Canadiens.

He has a million left this year which the Canucks can easily absorb.

First time I have heard of Greens system being slower paced. I see this years version of the canucks creating quite alot off the rush they have been able to burn quite a few teams with their transition game.

7 hours ago, hammertime said:

First time I have heard of Greens system being slower paced. I see this years version of the canucks creating quite alot off the rush they have been able to burn quite a few teams with their transition game.

Slower paced in comparison to teams who run a 5 player attack system.  No team in the NHL is slow paced.  Slow equals dead.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Slower paced in comparison to teams who run a 5 player attack system.  No team in the NHL is slow paced.  Slow equals dead.

Is that Greens system or is it more the fact that we have no dynamic D in the lineup?

It will be interesting to see how Hughes arrival affects the Canucks style of play.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Is that Greens system or is it more the fact that we have no dynamic D in the lineup?

It will be interesting to see how Hughes arrival affects the Canucks style of play.

Of course his system is based on the players that he has.  Can you imagine Tanev on the attack?  The poor guy would be lost.

On 1/20/2019 at 7:21 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Of course his system is based on the players that he has.  Can you imagine Tanev on the attack?  The poor guy would be lost.

I think you under-estimate Tanev.   He rarely takes the opportunity - even when he's with Edler, they tend to be carrying a lot of firewood - but Tanev averages about 20 pts nevertheless, so I always wonder if he has some latent upside....we might see if/when this team is rich enough in threats.

11 hours ago, oldnews said:

I think you under-estimate Tanev.   He rarely takes the opportunity - even when he's with Edler, they tend to be carrying a lot of firewood - but Tanev averages about 20 pts nevertheless, so I always wonder if he has some latent upside....we might see if/when this team is rich enough in threats.

And dragons may come down and take me away on my birthday to the magical land of Narnia, but I doubt that as well.

Archived