The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

6 hours ago, bt116 said:

SUN.NOV.10 - New Jersey  @ 1:00 PM    (REGULAR)

Hughes Brothers going head to head.  This could be the sleeper game of the year.  (Similar to the Detroit Sunday Matinee from last season)

19 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Monday and Tuesday just suck.  I'm surprised the Vegas game in April is reg+, that could be a good game.

Yeah the New Jersey game and the Las Vegas game (last game of the year on a Saturday) struck me as good deals for sure.

The other one that struck me as a "WTF?" moment is the THU.DEC.19 game against Las Vegas being just a REG game. Would have thought REG+ for sure.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Presale codes just went out for all 5 pre-season games including Victoria and Abbotsford. Wow. They are giving full access to Victoria seats ahead of the reg sale, didn't see that coming. I was able to snag some front row A tickets to the Victoria game!

Yeah that is odd, we never get access to those games.  Usually games in other cities sell pretty well on their own.

So fast this year. Maybe ticketexchange will open soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Yeah that is odd, we never get access to those games.  Usually games in other cities sell pretty well on their own.

its says on the email that went out "

Tickets for Canucks 2019.20 Preseason games in Victoria and Abbotsford may be accessed via mobile after purchase, or picked up at the venue will call. Tickets for home games at Rogers Arena may be accessed on August 26, at 10am, via mobile.

9 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Looks like Victoria is almost sold out while Abbotsford has a ton left. I think Abby might not sell out. Victoria is going to benefit from having the full training camp there before the first pre-season game, so that is a plus. Canucks seem on the ball this year for sure anyways.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:47 AM, DonaldBrashear said:

Presale codes just went out for all 5 pre-season games including Victoria and Abbotsford. Wow. They are giving full access to Victoria seats ahead of the reg sale, didn't see that coming. I was able to snag some front row A tickets to the Victoria game!

I was pretty stoked about this yesterday too, as I wanted seven tickets together, and got excellent seats - I didn't think it would be possible. I had been stressing about having to wait for public access next week, and now it looks like there might not even be any tickets left by then for Victoria. A lot less stress on my part. Can't wait to see it!

I hope that the NHL and the Canucks won't copy the NFL with their latest ticket policies because it's getting really complicated for an old fart like me. I'm more than halfway through my journey of attending a home game of every single 32 NFL teams. First of all they stopped a little while ago the traditional printed tickets, then they no longer allowed the pdf printed tickets, for the past couple of years it was mobile tickets only but you could still do a screenshot of your ticket and not worry about data (for a Canadian like me travelling in the US). This year? No more screenshots because the bar code changes every 5 or 15 seconds. I will need to connect to the internet before entering the stadium. What are they going to change for next year? Are they going to use finger prints or DNA? I can't imagine a 70 year old, not tech savvy, having to deal with all that. It's really getting annoying and ridiculous.

NFL tailgating is a huge thing in several NFL cities. In the past, I was filming, taking pictures, having fun. Now I have to worry about my battery because if my phone goes dead, I can't get into the stadium.

51 minutes ago, Curt said:

I hope that the NHL and the Canucks won't copy the NFL with their latest ticket policies because it's getting really complicated for an old fart like me. I'm more than halfway through my journey of attending a home game of every single 32 NFL teams. First of all they stopped a little while ago the traditional printed tickets, then they no longer allowed the pdf printed tickets, for the past couple of years it was mobile tickets only but you could still do a screenshot of your ticket and not worry about data (for a Canadian like me travelling in the US). This year? No more screenshots because the bar code changes every 5 or 15 seconds. I will need to connect to the internet before entering the stadium. What are they going to change for next year? Are they going to use finger prints or DNA? I can't imagine a 70 year old, not tech savvy, having to deal with all that. It's really getting annoying and ridiculous.

Yeah I am going to the Vegas game this year....looks like a pain in the ass to get in.  Hope they have free wifi outside the arena.  

But yeah traditional tickets are done, we are one of the only teams that provide them free, some teams charge for them, or not offer them at all.  PDF's are done.  Stubhub has way more mobile transfer listings that electronic now.  It's much better for buyers to just have the live tickets transferred to their own account.  

Edited by BCNeil
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Curt said:

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Yeah I am going to the Vegas game this year....looks like a pain in the ass to get in.  Hope they have free wifi outside the arena.  

But yeah traditional tickets are done, we are one of the only teams that provide them free, some teams charge for them, or not offer them at all.  PDF's are done.  Stubhub has way more mobile transfer listings that electronic now.  It's much better for buyers to just have the live tickets transferred to their own account.  

I know the Winnipeg jets have a card to get in similar to the lions and whitecaps 

46 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

I know the Winnipeg jets have a card to get in similar to the lions and whitecaps 

I'm a Seattle Seahawks and Buffalo Bills season ticket holder. The card is only for season ticket holder. The card is good for all home games. If you give it to someone else, you need to get it back because the card entitles you to enter the stadium for every single game.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:55 AM, BCNeil said:

Hopefully, I know the Oilers already have... and I am sure other teams as well.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I'm a Seattle Seahawks and Buffalo Bills season ticket holder. The card is only for season ticket holder. The card is good for all home games. If you give it to someone else, you need to get it back because the card entitles you to enter the stadium for every single game.

can u still send tickets via email ?

24 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

can u still send tickets via email ?

I would think so.. You should be able to transfer the tickets electronically and therefore voiding the original tickets that are in your account. 

There is obviously more motives behind this move than security. The big ticketmaster wants to get its CUT of the secondary market and it can't do that if hard copy tickets exist. Also, teams want info and they want to track everything. By having mobile tickets, they can track how many tickets a person sells/transfers per year and weed out scalpers. The Canucks were going to eliminate hard copy tickets 3-4 years ago but they backed out because ticket sales fell and they were worried about a backlash. My guess is that as soon as season tickets are sold out they will go to a paperless system like the rest of the teams. So enjoy the hard copy tickets while they last. This may, in fact, be the last year... would be fitting to end hard copy tickets on the 50th anniversary.