The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

4 hours ago, Yan86 said:

When we sell the hard copy tickets or before when we have the option to print out pdf tickets we still have the tickets in our ticketmaster acc so lets say if the buyer took your ticket and ran away without paying we could still say we lost our ticket or it was stolen to have the barcode change so we are protected that way (Never had any issue but I think that's how it works). But now lets say I exchange a game we don't get the option to print it out and we meet in person to transfer through ticketmaster, if they don't pay us after we transferred the tickets what can we do? Anything we could do to have ourselves protected?

I don't really know what you mean. I assume you are asking what if you transfer the tickets to someone in person, and then they run off laughing without paying you? Then you could contact the Canucks and they could reverse the decision possibly. But if you deal in person, why wouldn't you sell hard copy tickets? Then if they run off you can re-issue new tickets online (new barcodes). Best thing to do either way is to get the money first.

57 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Its the one time I don't feel bad charging a fortune. It's only leaf fans that will pay that for a tuesday game

And I don't blame you for that because it's a smart way to pay off your games. It's just disheartening to have a building full of Leafs fans (and Montreal games too) and hearing a very loud go Leafs go or whatever chant in our own building.

It's certainly fun to see our fans take over on away buildings, but it's rather humiliating when it does happen to us.

10 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I don't really know what you mean. I assume you are asking what if you transfer the tickets to someone in person, and then they run off laughing without paying you? Then you could contact the Canucks and they could reverse the decision possibly. But if you deal in person, why wouldn't you sell hard copy tickets? Then if they run off you can re-issue new tickets online (new barcodes). Best thing to do either way is to get the money first.

If I have hard copy tickets of course i'll sell the hard copy. I'm saying if we exchange the games now then the extra tickets we don't have hard copy and we don't have the option to print them now, so only way we could sell them is to transfer it through ticketmaster. So yes my concern is what happens if I transferred and they just run off without paying. Has anyone had experiences like this and the canucks would help them reverse the decision?

16 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I don't think you can issue new bar codes now.  The option used to be there when you could print off PDFs, but i don't see that option anywhere now.

14 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

And I don't blame you for that because it's a smart way to pay off your games. It's just disheartening to have a building full of Leafs fans (and Montreal games too) and hearing a very loud go Leafs go or whatever chant in our own building.

It's certainly fun to see our fans take over on away buildings, but it's rather humiliating when it does happen to us.

To be fair though, once the ticket is available in the secondary market, anyone can buy it.

I mean, it's not like we are trying to purposely sell to Leafs fans and not Canucks fans.

3 minutes ago, bt116 said:

To be fair though, once the ticket is available in the secondary market, anyone can buy it.

I mean, it's not like we are trying to purposely sell to Leafs fans and not Canucks fans.

You're telling me people targeting extra Leaf tickets are hoping to oversell the game to Canuck fans? I think it's pretty obvious who the target market is here. It's naive to suggest otherwise.

33 minutes ago, Yan86 said:

If I have hard copy tickets of course i'll sell the hard copy. I'm saying if we exchange the games now then the extra tickets we don't have hard copy and we don't have the option to print them now, so only way we could sell them is to transfer it through ticketmaster. So yes my concern is what happens if I transferred and they just run off without paying. Has anyone had experiences like this and the canucks would help them reverse the decision?

Oh I understand now, you were talking about exchanged tickets. Well, I don't know the answer for sure, but I do know that the Canucks have the power to reverse a transfer and give you back your tickets. For instance, if your account was hacked and someone transfered all the tickets to themselves, obviously the canucks would be able to reverse them. I think the Canucks would question why you had voluntarily transferred someone tickets though before getting payment. I mean, what you are saying could happen with anything... e.g... I buy a Nintendo Switch off craigslist, he hands it to me and I run off without paying. That is HIGHLY unlikely to happen with Canucks tickets because first of all it is email traceable and second of all someone has to show up to the seats, like.... yeah. I would be more worried about getting hit by a car or dying in a plane crash lol.

44 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Check your emails - looks like custom benefits are going out. I got a pair of tickets in the club section which is what I wanted.

i got that too... do you get to choose the game and seats?  or is it assigned already?  i never got that benefits before..

20 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

I never got mine yet , maybe sometime today or end of week

I got that email a couple weeks ago, I got the Club 500 concert.

Looks like they don't send these out all at the same time, it all depends on what benefit you end up getting.

1 hour ago, bt116 said:

I got that email a couple weeks ago, I got the Club 500 concert.

Looks like they don't send these out all at the same time, it all depends on what benefit you end up getting.

Well maybe I got something good hopefully, another jersey from a player would be nice 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trailers said:

I got club seat presale.    When a big concert comes it worth having that

i got it last season.. only bought the nba preseason game and it was not worth it.. gave me the worst seats you can get, almost last row in the club section near the corner..

NHL Ticketexchange for the Canucks is different this year.  Ticketmaster doesn't show the pink resale seats for Canucks games anymore it's just on some new website I've never used or heard of.  It seems like most other NHL clubs still offer this when I check.  Be careful if you sell a lot on ticket exchange.

6 hours ago, thepress83 said:

NHL Ticketexchange for the Canucks is different this year.  Ticketmaster doesn't show the pink resale seats for Canucks games anymore it's just on some new website I've never used or heard of.  It seems like most other NHL clubs still offer this when I check.  Be careful if you sell a lot on ticket exchange.

Canucks have done this in the past , tickenow.com is the resell site , the team can turn it off or on the feature