The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

I understood 30 years ago that the only purpose of the NHL regular season is to pick the 16 teams that will make it to the "real" season: The playoffs. Other than that the regular season is a waste of time lasting 82 games and 6 months. You can collect 130 points, get the ice advantage and win the President's cup/trophy. Then you start the playoffs with all your stars players exhausted and wasted. You might lose your ice advantage just by losing the first game of the playoffs against an opponent who rested his best players and got 45 points less than you. After only 60 minutes of playoffs play they will be in the driver's seat and all your efforts of the past 6 months are now useless. This story happened again and again and again. 

9 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Do you only get a renewal gift you have season tickets for the full season? This is my third year with quarters and I've never received a thing. 

I believe that you get half benefits for half seasons. 

On 4/21/2019 at 9:08 PM, Down by the River said:

Do you only get a renewal gift you have season tickets for the full season? This is my third year with quarters and I've never received a thing. 

According to this page: http://membership.canucks.com/#MEMBERSHIP_HIGHLIGHTS - only full season ticket members get the membership gift. Half seasons and quarter seasons do not.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Session 9 @ 6:30 on Wednesday the 5th for me.  

Unfortunately I likely won't be able to make it this year and the partner I share my tix with is out of town. 

Likely will be keeping my same seats in 308 for the next season.

Schedule should be out in about 3-4 weeks for next year. I really hope we get some awesome christmas games to make up for last year's world juniors. I would love to see B2B games on Sat, Dec 28 and Sun, Dec 29.

I think they will do the Sedins retirement before Christmas. The sooner in the year the better, because optimism is higher in those months. 

4 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Schedule should be out in about 3-4 weeks for next year. I really hope we get some awesome christmas games to make up for last year's world juniors. I would love to see B2B games on Sat, Dec 28 and Sun, Dec 29.

I think they will do the Sedins retirement before Christmas. The sooner in the year the better, because optimism is higher in those months. 

i have a feeling it will be either against leafs, oilers or flames

23 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Schedule maker owes us a good season.  Last year was pretty much as bad as it could be.  Preseason 3 games in 3 nights, Toronto midweek, no xmas games, with a huge amount of low demand games in March after we were eliminated.  Wonder if they will announce Sedin night right when the schedule gets released. 

On 5/23/2019 at 10:15 AM, Hockeyrulz said:

Session 9 @ 6:30 on Wednesday the 5th for me.  

Unfortunately I likely won't be able to make it this year and the partner I share my tix with is out of town. 

Likely will be keeping my same seats in 308 for the next season.

What row? 

I'm in row 10 Seats 109-110 

4 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I am still on the Ottawa Senators mailing list.  They are adding some new perks for their season ticket holders.

One of the really cool things is, if you refer a friend to buy season tickets, you get 10%.  

https://theseventh.club/new/

Funny story about the Ottawa Senators. Actually, not so funny but more ridiculous and stupid. A few years back (maybe 3 years ago) I was thinking of moving to Ottawa. I also visited Ottawa a few times a year cause I have family there. I thought, I might as well get a pair of season tickets to the Senators, so if I ever move there, my priority seat ranking will be decent. I would sell the unused tickets on stubhub or whatever. So I sign up online and pick my seats and pay my deposit.

A few days later I get a call from a super rude, arrogant rep who noticed that my address is a Vancouver address and he starts grilling me on whether I am scalper or not and what my "intentions" are with the tickets. Now, keep in mind... I am buying only TWO tickets (big time scalper? lol) and this is a team that has one of the lowest attendances in the entire league. You'd think they would be happy to have another buyer. And besides, who scalps Ottawa Senators tickets?

So I explain to him the situation, and he is still acting all suspicious. He asks me if I have an Ottawa address I can use, I tell him sure, I could use a family members, but why would I need to do that? He tells me that because my account is suspicious and he basically thinks I am a scalper that they will only send my tickets to an Ottawa address and he also tells me that he will monitor my account for excess ticket sales.

At this point I laugh and say, okay, you win, refund me my deposit and I won't become a Senators STH. To this, he seems very happy and quickly refunds me my money. I can't say I have ever seen any organization so poorly run than the Ottawa Senators. Needless to say, I was extremely thankful I never bought those tickets because I never ended up moving to Ottawa and the resale market for tickets is extremely poor. I can't say I didn't have a smile on my face when I saw all the stuff come out about the organization last year or so and when fans demanded the owner Eugene Melnyk sell the team. I feel bad for any Senators fan to have to put up with such a trash organization and I am thankful for how comparatively well run the Canucks organization is.

• Haha 4