The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'GoCanucksGo' Youtube Channel to Shut Down after 3 copyright claims by Sportsnet

21 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

The key takeaway from this should be that Sportsnet could do so much more when it comes to uploading useful hockey content to YouTube and other video sharing sites, but won't because they don't care.

One could look at the pieces of garbage they allow to disgrace their country on HNIC and know that they don't give a damn about hockey.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:15 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

Sportsnet, which paid 5 billion to the NHL for ALL media rights with a few exceptions of already signed TSN team contracts.

This is the NHL sanitizing the media, the one area you might have a case is if these are still available via antennae then they are free airwaves, Rogers owns media cable but most stuff in the air is still free. Even your phone calls.

does that 5b include all previous content, irc CBC had the rights to the cup run?

wouldn't the channel be able to delete all sportsnet content and might be able to keep the rest up; if whoever owns those rights doesn't make a claim.

First Sportsnet made me listen to Cassie Campbell this past Saturday and now this?  

That's it..  I am done.  It is IPTV for me from now on! 

I already did it. &^@# the cable companies.  Offer a better a la carte product instead of forcing me to buy $&!# I don't want and maybe I'll come back. 

I manage a couple of YouTube channels for some non-profit organizations.  We live-stream and produce live music and motivational videos. At first, YouTube asserted there was a music copyright infringement with our streams. Their case seemed cut and dry but it was not. Why? We purchase an annual license that grants us public performance rights and the ability to live-stream on our various social media platforms from a library of 300,000 songs. Licensing is not expensive and is worth the expense, but it is a hassle to have to deal with YouTube and their algorithms. 

Archived