Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN & MONTREAL

To VAN

15 th OA

45 th OA 

50 th OA Via CBJ

To MTL

10 th

canucks does this to get more pick and get BPA ( best player available ) with 2nd or package a couple of the 2nd + 3rd rounder to get a late 1st

MTL move up in draft 

11 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

I dont think Montreal offers that.

10th and 40th 

For 15th 45th and 50th

And then conditions for the 40th. List of 10 they cant pick before us if available.

If that was the offer I would say no.  Not worth compromising our selections in two rounds for a 50th.

2 hours ago, Monkeyking said:

To VAN

15 th OA

45 th OA 

50 th OA Via CBJ

To MTL

10 th

canucks does this to get more pick and get BPA ( best player available ) with 2nd or package a couple of the 2nd + 3rd rounder to get a late 1st

MTL move up in draft 

Seems like overpayment on Montreal’s side.  2 mid 2nd’s is too much to pay to move up from 15 to 10. There doesn’t seem to be a huge difference in quality of players available at 10 or 15.  The only incentive is having more of a chance at their first choice.  

2 hours ago, Monkeyking said:

To VAN

15 th OA

45 th OA 

50 th OA Via CBJ

To MTL

10 th

MTL move up in draft 

To Van

1st-15

2nd-45

2nd-50

to Mtl

1st-10

3rd-71

6th-164?

According to Schuckers NHL Draft Chart

20 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

To Van

1st-15

2nd-45

2nd-50

to Mtl

1st-10

3rd-71

6th-164?

According to Schuckers NHL Draft Chart

Still seems like way to much for Montreal to pay. I suspect they’d rather stay where they are. There will be a number of solid players available at 15 and they get to keep their two mid 2nds. Timmins has done well in the last couple drafts finding gems later in the draft. Romanov at 38 last year looks like a steal, Mete at 100 in 2016. 

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Still seems like way to much for Mo treat to pay. I suspect they’d rather stay where they are. There will be a number of solid players available at 15 and they get to keep their to mid 2nds. Timmins has done well in the last couple drafts finding gems later in the draft. Romanov at 38 last year looks like a steal, Mete at 100 in 2016. 

I tend to agree with you on this one Big Guy

If Seider is the guy management wants then yes. I think it's a slight overpayment on Montreal's part for 5 spots but who knows they may really like one of the upper guys that may drop to 10 and Benning may not like whoever remains at 10 and really values Seider. If you draft Seider I think you need to trade down, but I wouldn't be super upset if management drafted him with the 10. Preferably you add assets and move down to pick him up when so many lists have him in the late teens/early 20s for the most part. 

Archived