The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would a 10th overall pick who’s already playing 16 minutes a night in the KHL as a 19 year old need to spend up to 5 years in the AHL learn the NA game?  How many games did Hoglander  and Petey play in the AHL?

your looking at this all wrong, if hogz ad petey played 4-5 years in the AHL, they would be Ultimato superstars.

• Haha 2

He’s getting it done.

hes such an ugly skater and stick handler but it doesn’t seem too slow him down. I’m sure he’ll improve both those skills as he matures as a Canuck. The Kids a Tank. Can Not wait til the day he’s wearing a Canucks Jersey.

10 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

that don't impress me much, many nhl goalies would have made that save. still a very good effort by podz

That’s a goal a lot of times in the nhl. It’s tough for a goalie to come across the net when a guys crashing the net like that. See that kinda goal pretty frequently. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

that don't impress me much, many nhl goalies would have made that save. still a very good effort by podz

I disagree

That would’ve been a NHL goal. Pod muscles it through the goalies stick. No NHL Goalie would’ve been strong enough flat down on the ice to stop it. Goalie made the right move but Pod got it done. 

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

That’s a goal a lot of times in the nhl. It’s tough for a goalie to come across the net when a guys crashing the net like that. See that kinda goal pretty frequently. 

how is it hard to come across the net? you just need to push.

31 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I disagree

That would’ve been a NHL goal. Pod muscles it through the goalies stick. No NHL Goalie would’ve been strong enough flat down on the ice to stop it. Goalie made the right move but Pod got it done. 

he did not just muscle through his stick, the goalie failed to follow the puck and instead just made an all out kick save, that was a below average nhl attempt by the goalie.

33 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

It's not just about the goal. It's about the power move to the net and across the crease as well as instead of blowing past the net after the shot he holds up to make sure he is able to get the rebound

he made all the right plays for sure, that's great. but saying that is a nhl calibre save attempt is just not true.

3 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

It’s tough for a goalie when a guy is flying down the wing and comes across the net, especially when there’s multiple bodies in front. That’s a goal a lot of the time regardless of the league. 

sure, but theres easily 20 nhl goalies that would have at least challenged him, and made the save.

On 3/20/2021 at 9:04 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Imagine, a potential top six winger with an engine that never quits who's able to play both the penalty kill and powerplay. Only top six guys we currently have like that are Bo and Miller. This team needs a Podz something fierce. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

It's definitely an NHL calibre goal

pods move impressed me, saying that the goalie did all he could is just not true.

this is just like in the Trymakin thread where people think he can translate with his end to end rushes in the khl to the nhl