The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Calgary really only had 2yrs of Tkachuk's greatness before he asked for a trade.  It would be the same

thing in Vancouver, if they had picked him.  My guess is that Podz has a sense of loyalty and gratitude

towards the Canucks and will likely stay with the team for a long time; even if he becomes a great player.

Tkachuk is a punk.

Podkolzin is a man.

• Cheers 2

Part of me wonders, with the glut of wingers and forwards that are waiver-eligible, whether Podkolzin might end up in Abbotsford due to a numbers game and being waiver exempt. Should he have an average camp, I could see that happening, but would be very worried if he doesn't have a good camp.  He and Nils Aman are both waiver exempt still, and with Tanner Pearson slated to return (without a trade in place) and coming onto the active roster, the only way to be cap compliant is to waive some forwards or send down the ones who are not waiver eligible.

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Part of me wonders, with the glut of wingers and forwards that are waiver-eligible, whether Podkolzin might end up in Abbotsford due to a numbers game and being waiver exempt. Should he have an average camp, I could see that happening, but would be very worried if he doesn't have a good camp.  He and Nils Aman are both waiver exempt still, and with Tanner Pearson slated to return (without a trade in place) and coming onto the active roster, the only way to be cap compliant is to waive some forwards or send down the ones who are not waiver eligible.

I could see him getting sent down briefly at the beginning of the season for cap reasons, but I think he is too skilled, hard working and motivated to be there for long. They will make room for him.

• Cheers 1

On 8/10/2023 at 12:16 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I have a feeling that Pearson is done. Yeah, he’s trying to come back, but he has to, or he won’t get paid by his insurance company. 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...